Chrysler Recalling Nearly 907,000 Cars, SUVs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The alternator issue seems more of a parts vendor problem than an engineering problem.
The mirror connector corrosion is probably nothing more than a minor seal issue, they are taking care of it in a timely manner, no big shakes.

These are becoming boring.

It should be obvious to anyone who looks past the headline that many manufacturers are having parts issues from outside suppliers...

IMO, when a manufacturer outsources production of a component (usually but not always to the cheapest bidder) they have a duty of care to the end consumer to ensure that the parts they sell you are fit for purpose.

So, as I said earlier, it's nothing a bit of R&D wouldn't fix..

Yep, every Chrysler I ever owned had a Mitsubishi, Bosch or Denso alternator. I believe they quit producing their own alternators in the mid 80's.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Yep, every Chrysler I ever owned had a Mitsubishi, Bosch or Denso alternator. I believe they quit producing their own alternators in the mid 80's.

Exactly. No mfgr makes many of their parts any more, just the big pieces.

Expecting them to provide quality assurance on every part is unreasonable. Their supplier is supposed to do that and they will change if there is an issue. But in a mass production environment this sort of thing is going on at ALL car builders now, not just Chrysler...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back