Monster. I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Ehh. They're just OK.
Same with most energy drinks

I'm sticking with Tea, more caffeine then coffee, and easier on the stomach.

What brand Tea has more caffeine than coffee ?

IMO the standard green and black is the most tasty out of any of the energy drinks. I drink between 1 and 3 cans a day. As a former college student caffeine does not do much for me. And I think I drink it out of habit.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
IMO the standard green and black is the most tasty out of any of the energy drinks. I drink between 1 and 3 cans a day. As a former college student caffeine does not do much for me. And I think I drink it out of habit.

Do you think its addictive? Perhaps just the caffeine?
I've never even tried one of the energy drinks, coffee is cheap enough and I find just regular Gatorade has enough sugar to keep me "amped" for my rec hockey. No need to try anything to extreme out there, you just end up hurting yourself and people check you closer after...

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Ehh. They're just OK.
Same with most energy drinks

I'm sticking with Tea, more caffeine then coffee, and easier on the stomach.

What brand Tea has more caffeine than coffee ?

Not any particular brand, more leaf.
I also drink more then 6oz of it, steep it for near on twice the time, so it winds up having more caffeine.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: surfstar
The strong taste of energy drinks does well to cover the flavor of vodka. Besides that, if I've got a long drive, they will keep me wired more than coffee alone. I rarely drink them now-a-days, though. They cannot be good for anyone.

I'm assuming the drive is without vodka ...

haha! Yep. Drinking + walking downtown is what we used to do

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: NateDN10
Why even bother when coffee is so delicious?

Personally Monster tastes way better than coffee to me. There is a Starbucks on my walk at lunch and walk at night by my house and I have to hold my breath past them because the smell makes me nauseous. Never have had a cup in my life, forced myself to taste coffee a few times and threw up.

I cannot drink coffee either. Even loaded up with sugar and cream, it doesn't kill the taste enough for me to drink it. Horrible tasting substance to me. In my family, people either love coffee and drink it daily, or will not touch it.

Monster I don't mind, but I do avoid drinking it often/regularly. I used to drink them fairly regularly for a time about 8-10 years ago. Now I have one maybe once every few months.

What I am bad about - various caffeinated colas in the morning. Usually at least one 20 oz Coke Zero, Pibb Xtra, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max, Mello Yello, Mt. Dew, RC Cola, etc. In fact, on weekends if I don't drink any caffiene, I end up with a kind of dull, but very annoying headache by the end of Sunday. I have been easing off a little and drinking more water, but I am definitely a caffeine addict. Coffee would be a healthier way to get it, but it just tastes way too nasty for me...like liquid dirt.

My sister drinks 3-4 (opens, finishes half and dumps the rest out) Wired energy drinks a day.

Its sad that she can afford that,but can't afford to make her car payment for the last 3 months and it gets repossessed.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Originally Posted By: beast3300

Do you think its addictive? Perhaps just the caffeine?
I've never even tried one of the energy drinks, coffee is cheap enough and I find just regular Gatorade has enough sugar to keep me "amped" for my rec hockey. No need to try anything to extreme out there, you just end up hurting yourself and people check you closer after...

Not for me at least @ caffeine or addictive. I'm on vacation this week and have had 1/2 a can of monster in 4 days. On my normal 2 days off during a work week I don't drink any caffeine.

I don't quite understand why anyone would drink that stuff. If you can't wake up, then adjust your diet and sleep schedule. I've never needed chemicals or sugars to increase my energy-I make certain I eat a very healthy diet, sleep long and well at night, don't take naps and get lots of exercise.

Some of you that suck down these chemicals are in for a rude awakening when you reach your 40's and 50's.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Man, these youngsters will be staring heart disease in the face very early in their life with a diet of simple sugars and caffeine!

Good job security for me, gotta pay off these loans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back