1Z Gummipflege stift / interior / engine detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Applied the venerable 1Z Gummi pflege today to weather seals and rubber door trim, etc on the bimmer today. (after cleaning with water and drying). Also applied to wipers.
Pretty neat product, and gives the rubber a supple feel and a new-ish look (Not greasy as the pic suggests - it dries to a very matte look/finish)...

BEFORE AND AFTER

Then detailed the interior a bit: 1Z Cockpit premium.

Then the engine - just a quick wipe down, then some 1Z CP and 1Z Plastic Tiefenpfleger.

Last edited:
It's not pretty but protects.
smile.gif
and grippy, and warm.
If i ever go to a car show i will take it off, LOL!

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
It's not pretty but protects.
smile.gif
and grippy, and warm.
If i ever go to a car show i will take it off, LOL!

I have often wondered of those wheel covers will permantly mark,dent,or damage the leather on the steering wheel?

There are beautiful BMW steering wheels out there if you don't like the feel of yours. Get an oem alcantara wheel and enjoy the heck out of it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: silverrat
There are beautiful BMW steering wheels out there if you don't like the feel of yours. Get an oem alcantara wheel and enjoy the heck out of it.

I didn't really dislike the feel of the leather wheel - I just wanted to protect it a bit, and make it a TINY bit thicker; the cover achieves both. (and it IS a bit warmer in winter to the touch)

ZHPs did come with alcantara wheels to begin with but they fell apart so much, and people complained (class action lawsuit even?) and in mid 2005 BMW listened and ditched alcantara st. wheels and switched to the perforated leather M type wheel for ZHPs, like in mine. I am glad I don't have the alcantara wheel.
-great to begin with but people replace them pretty often with new ones or the leather wheel (which mine came with from factory), as they get really nasty even with care. (BMW replaced them at no cost for a while but not anymore).

I (IMO) have the best combo, and exactly what I wanted: leather M type wheel but alcantara/cloth seats with cold weather pkg (heated seats).

So, you want to make sure the next owner of this car would have perfect steering wheel that he can enjoy while you make the sacrifice of using the ugly cover?

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Applied the venerable 1Z Gummi pflege.....

Looks good! 1Z makes some good stuff.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
So, you want to make sure the next owner of this car would have perfect steering wheel that he can enjoy while you make the sacrifice of using the ugly cover?

I know the beauty of it in my mind's eye
wink.gif

Quote:
I know the beauty of it in my mind's eye wink

And THAT is the only thing that matters!!!! Continue on my friend.

I am not 100% sure - I wonder if the areas I drive around aren't very dusty/dirty?

I really don't clean it that often either; only when I wash the car. (which is less often than most people do I think)
I wipe it down with some wet rags (just water) and then use a plastic/ rubber cleaner/protectant afterwards.

But there ARE some ares /nooks in the engine that ARE dirtier, you just can't see those areas well in that pic.
(Mostly around the strut tower areas)

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Quote:
I know the beauty of it in my mind's eye wink

And THAT is the only thing that matters!!!! Continue on my friend.
Thanks! your advice has been very valuable, even if I deviated from a tip or two at times.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back