Finding out who makes the house brand brake fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening BITOG members,

I tried searching here as well as the web. I came up with nothing, but my last resort is asking here. Tomorrow I'm getting my brake fluid completely exchanged with new fluid at 9am. I'm at 2 years and 50k miles. The fluid I bought is BrakeBest Select Super Duty DOT 4 brake fluid from Oreilly. Is there something on the container that I can use to determine the real manufacturer behind the name on the bottle?

So far I've come up with posts about the pads and a really old post in a vette forum which mentioned castrol made it. Something about the part number connecting to castrol, but I didn't find what the poster mentioned. Hopefully someone here may know or could point me in the right direction to some resources so I can find out.

You might be able to find some markings on the bottle and compare them to the major brands, its probably Prestone or Valvoline. Look for city, state or other names on the bottle in fine print.

Dry boiling point 475F
Wet boiling point 320F

Distributed by Ozark Automotive
Springfield, MO 65802

Bottom of bottle has prime ind. schulenburg tx printed

MSDS

If I can successfully crack this case I'm seeing a new hobby
grin.gif

Last edited:
My friend used Brake Best brake fluid in his Integra which he drove hard. He used the fluid for a few years and the car stopped fine. The only comment that I remember he had was that the fluid turned dark fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back