Blizzak WS70 Replaced by Blizzak VRX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that makes sense to me now. I had a totally different experience, but if I had a similar one I would likely feel inclined to bypass blizzack multicell type winter tires.

Originally Posted By: sciphi

The difference in grip between the multicell compound and the regular compound was drastic. Having the car perform drastically differently is (and was in my case) enough to result in a nasty crash. Having that "flip of a switch" reduction in performance when the fronts were worn through but the rears were not is not something I'd wish upon anybody.

The non-multicell winter tires I've experienced since, such as the Hakka R's, Altimax Arctics or Blizzak LM-25's, have shown much more predictability in performance as they have worn since they're similar compound throughout.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
This time, I have changed sizes from 225/55-16 to 225/60-16 to raise the bottom of the car ~11mm to increase its ground clearance. This should improve the Camaro's ability to go through deep snow.

The other advantage to this is that there is MUCH more choice in that higher sidewall profile size.
thumbsup2.gif

I am thinking of doing the same the next time I buy winter tires.
Do you put these on the OEM/factory 'snowflake' 16x8s, or something else??

Once my Winter tires get worn down a good bit I just leave them on into the Summer. Yes they wear quicker but may as well wear them down. They may not be good for winter snow, but fine for Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back