Dreaded CRV door lock actuators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaced all four actuators. Saved about 1200.00 bucks in labor doing it by myself. Wish Honda would of issued a recall for these stupid things.

Looks like lawyers succeeded in making Honda do the right thing........even Honda sometimes fails to step up to the plate on their own:

http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2014/honda-cr-v-door-lock-actuator-lawsuit-settled.shtml

"For consumers, Honda has agreed to perform door lock actuator repairs during an extended warranty period which is twice as long as the standard warranty for the 2007-2011 Honda CR-V. Any owner or lessee who has already paid to have the door lock actuator repaired can be reimbursed for the expense."

ARB1977 could have had Honda do the work for free. I wonder if he can charge for his labor?

Your lucky its only $1200 if it were an Odyssey power sliding door they are that much a piece (installed) when that Mickey Mouse arrangement goes wonky.
Honda makes and installs some real low quality stuff where they think no one will ever see it.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Your lucky its only $1200 if it were an Odyssey power sliding door they are that much a piece (installed) when that Mickey Mouse arrangement goes wonky.
Honda makes and installs some real low quality stuff where they think no one will ever see it.

No, honda can do no wrong I thought?!?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
No, honda can do no wrong I thought?!?

If that's what you think, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that you're sadly mistaken!

That was sarcasm.

I know. The, "oh my gosh, I thought [brand X] was just perfect!" line adds nothing to the conversation and is really just a form of unproductive brand-bashing, which long-standing members usually try to squash.

A lot of people would like to believe Honda is the be all and end all and only the best quality.

I don't think any of those people are on BITOG, making the "oh gosh, we're victims of [brand x]" type of post even less relevant.

I'm sure that I've never read a post on BITOG that said, "let me tell you, [brand x] as a corporation is just perfect: they've never deceived their customers, they never produce ANY poor designs, and they, as a corporation, are a model that everyone else should strive for."

If anyone really thinks that, then I have a bridge to sell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back