Ebola Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, it does get more or less worse.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/10/17...ngers-stranded/

Addendum: People with Aids, who have unprotected sex,can be prosecuted. The above lab worker also has the potential to spread a deadly disease , yet , gets on a cruise ship, whats the difference?? Are there not children on cruises, older adults who cannot fight some diseases?? I am concerned, aren't you??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
For those of you/us that have kids in a daycare or teenagers and so on, when the kids starting getting sick, then and only then will someone wake up and close all these flights bringing in folks from Africa infected areas, you think????

How and when it hits the newborn /neonatal parts of your hospital, it can result in an upset population...

Methinks you're playing the same fanatic alarmism that am radio uses to sell advertising.

Yet there are, of course, practical realities to it too. Mobilizing our NG for a non-domestic and non-war effort to me is questionable.

Tracking people excessively seems like a big brother/rights influencing thing that can be taken too far.

Quarantining entire countries which are ground zero? Perhaps not so much.

I guess I don't understand why people from the area where the ebola originated are allowed into our country at all...yeah, let's bring it here...makes a lot of sense...

Originally Posted By: grampi
I guess I don't understand why people from the area where the ebola originated are allowed into our country at all...yeah, let's bring it here...makes a lot of sense...

careful now, lest you be accused of "frantic alarmism"!

Other countries have been far ahead of the US and have done exactly what our PC idiots say we should not do.

Actually a 21 day quarantine is both prudent and responsible to protect this country.

Our Governments first job is to protect US not others...

Farkin' a - you guys just feed into it, don't ya?

We're all going to die - someday - it won't be from ebola.

What every happened to SARS? Swine Flue? AIDS? Oh my. Thought those were all going to kill us. Careful, those vaccines are bad too, you know. This is why you shouldn't watch 24/7 news networks, they have to fill time. psst - they don't fill it with news!

If you think the gov't isn't doing enough by not locking down our country, why don't you just crawl into your survival bunker and wait it out?

Here is a link of countries that actually do have a flight ban from some African areas: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...tute-Travel-Ban

The list is quite long of which countries have banned what...but even Britain, France, Korea etc have some kind of restriction in place. In North America though...we are open for business on all fronts and ports of entry.

There are a couple of men that are on quarantine from the flight that nurse#2 took. If they contract Ebola, the data on whether direct contact contracts Ebola will be in question as the idea of travelling in a confined space without contact comes into play.

At least they are now starting to put those in quarantine on a 'no fly' list in case they forget that they are potentially carrying a deadly disease. http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/he...ticle-1.1977748 . Its too bad we can trust them to follow their own internal moral compass. But then nurse#2 shelved hers pretty quick and look where that has lead 2 unsuspecting men.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Here is a link of countries that actually do have a flight ban from some African areas: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...tute-Travel-Ban

The list is quite long of which countries have banned what...but even Britain, France, Korea etc have some kind of restriction in place. In North America though...we are open for business on all fronts and ports of entry.

The site you referenced is pure political propaganda. Besides, you didn't even read it. All the countries with travel ban are in Africa. There is not a single country outside Africa with travel ban.

As for the cancelling flights from Africa, US has no direct flights from affected countries. If they were, they would be cancelled by now. duh!

The common sense and personal responsibility of these few health care workers is amazing. Get on a plane? Sure no problem because its for a wedding and thats more important... Have a slight fever and muscle cramps but want to fly home? Sure no problem. How about take a cruise? Sure, whats tge worse that could happen? Maybe if these persons were given a bill for the thousands in cost for their actions would they think twice? Imagine the cost now for the lady that flew to Cleveland. I read that 800 persons must be contacted and maybe monitored.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: surfstar
...What every happened to SARS? Swine Flue? AIDS? Oh my. Thought those were all going to kill us....

Those were not and are not BSL-4 pathogens. Known and researched for what, 40 years?

I agree with grampi 200%!! It's like,OMG let's be careful not to offend anyone but everyone will get sick and die instead! Political correctness is going to be the death of the United States eventually.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Originally Posted By: Smokescreen

The site you referenced is pure political propaganda. Besides, you didn't even read it. All the countries with travel ban are in Africa. There is not a single country outside Africa with travel ban.

As for the cancelling flights from Africa, US has no direct flights from affected countries. If they were, they would be cancelled by now. duh!

The information on the bans is correct, the rhetoric leading up to it has some sort of agenda. I have found the same flight information on other travel sites like: https://www.internationalsos.com/ebola/index.cfm?content_id=435&language_id=ENG

While entire countries outside of Africa don't yet have bans on travel they do have restrictions, mostly all implemented by the airlines themselves...if there are airlines that aren't willing to go there it is effectively a signal that flight there is restricted...as in not wide open unstopped. Here are details of airlines that have restricted flights to Ebola-affected countries:

-Air France suspended flights to Sierra Leone from 28 August.
-The Togo-based carrier Asky Airlines has suspended flights to and from Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
-Arik Air (Nigeria), Gambia Bird and Kenya Airways have suspended services to Liberia and Sierra Leone.
-British Airways has extended their suspension of flights to Liberia and Sierra Leone until 31 December.
-Emirates Airlines has suspended flights to Guinea.
-Korean Air suspended flights to and from Kenya from 20 August.
-Senegal Airlines has suspended flights to and from Conakry (Guinea) until further notice.

There are many direct flights to Africa. Have you heard of Expedia or other booking agents? There are still flights available from USA to Africa and vice versa. One could book one right now from Liberia to Washington, JFK, LGA...from $796 round trip off American Airlines. There are no warnings or anything stating they shouldn't book either. Not sure where you found your information, please share so that we can have a more complete data set to draw from.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: surfstar
Farkin' a - you guys just feed into it, don't ya?

We're all going to die - someday - it won't be from ebola.

What every happened to SARS? Swine Flue? AIDS? Oh my. Thought those were all going to kill us. Careful, those vaccines are bad too, you know. This is why you shouldn't watch 24/7 news networks, they have to fill time. psst - they don't fill it with news!

If you think the gov't isn't doing enough by not locking down our country, why don't you just crawl into your survival bunker and wait it out?

I haven't heard any reasons as to why we shouldn't stop all travel into the country from the affected areas...the reasons to do it are obvious...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
The common sense and personal responsibility of these few health care workers is amazing. Get on a plane? Sure no problem because its for a wedding and thats more important... Have a slight fever and muscle cramps but want to fly home? Sure no problem. How about take a cruise? Sure, whats tge worse that could happen? Maybe if these persons were given a bill for the thousands in cost for their actions would they think twice? Imagine the cost now for the lady that flew to Cleveland. I read that 800 persons must be contacted and maybe monitored.....

They changed the rules after these workers were already on the move. The plane rider did her due diligence and called the CDC and got info they later reneged on. Douchey maneuvers like putting nurses on no-fly terrorist lists is going to make them feel not-respected which will hurt retention and recruitment of the brightest minds to fight this problem.

This "6 degrees of separation" from the Dallas patient is fun for the health authorities after the first "patient zero" but the emphasis really should be on the 2nd, and 20th that just "pops up out of nowhere." 19 will be innocuous and one malicious. Recognizing symptoms in unrelated cities by non-African visitors as quickly as possible is the next challenge.

I haven't heard any reasons as to why we shouldn't stop all travel into the country from the affected areas...the reasons to do it are obvious...

Here you go:

Quote:
Obama also discussed the possibility of a travel ban from the five West African countries where the outbreak began. He said that while he doesn't have a "philosophical objection" to such a ban, he has been advised against it by health experts.

“History shows that there is a likelihood of increased avoidance (that could lead to) more cases rather than less,” Obama said. “The problem is that - in all the discussions that I’ve had thus far with experts in the field, experts in infectious disease… a travel ban is less effective than the measures that we are currently instituting.”

RT News

"History shows that there is a likelihood of increased avoidance (that could lead to) more cases rather than less,” Obama said.

What history? He didn't cite any historical events to support his case.

"The problem is that - in all the discussions that I’ve had thus far with experts in the field, experts in infectious disease… a travel ban is less effective than the measures that we are currently instituting.”

What measures are we currently instituting? How about not letting illegals enter the country?

Heretical idea. Why don't we address the spread of the disease in our own country first?

Last edited:
If they are going to send medical corps guardsmen and reservists then even though I'm still against the exposure, at least they have expertise in medical protocol.

Please don't select combat oriented troops and just give them a two week crash course in disease containment or something.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
If they are going to send medical corps guardsmen and reservists then even though I'm still against the exposure, at least they have expertise in medical protocol.

Please don't select combat oriented troops and just give them a two week crash course in disease containment or something.

I wish they wouldn't send our troops there. Sending medical supplies and medicine is one thing, sending troops there is something I'd rather not see the USA do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back