What brakes for VW CC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your ABS kicks in it means your tyres aren't good enough.

Also, ABS increases overall stopping distance. People with an understanding of vehicle dynamics use cadence braking to better effect.

Originally Posted By: Olas
Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
I don't think he'll be able to find Pagid pads in the U.S. OEM pads are going to be the best bet along with Brembo rotors.

eBay, amazon, rennstore.com and pagidpads.com all have stock in the US, and there is no doubt that they stop you quicker than OE pads..
Or, wait until you need to do an emergency stop when a kid runs into the road after his ball. After you kill the kid because you couldn't stop in the time/distance, then you'll agree with me that bigger/better brakes are the most important aspect of anything used on the road.

Your saying Pagid is better than VW OE?
Quote:
Pagid is currently an OEM supplier for Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW,

As is Textar, Jurid, Ate. There are other brands that are just as good as Pagid.

Also, ABS increases overall stopping distance. People with an understanding of vehicle dynamics use cadence braking to better effect.

Yes, I appreciate both of these perspectives, but neither really answered my question. And I probably didn't need to mention ABS because I don't think it's relevant: can someone who can already overpower his tires with the brakes (with ABS or otherwise) stand to see a performance improvement in a panic braking situation with better pads? In other words, are higher power pads still better for "normal" street use and non-racing applications if the tires are the weakest link?

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

Yes, I appreciate both of these perspectives, but neither really answered my question. And I probably didn't need to mention ABS because I don't think it's relevant: can someone who can already overpower his tires with the brakes (with ABS or otherwise) stand to see a performance improvement in a panic braking situation with better pads? In other words, are higher power pads still better for "normal" street use and non-racing applications if the tires are the weakest link?

Yes you can. I just did this morning when an idiot cut me off, and then panicked and stopped in the middle of intersection.
I had to brake like a maniac. My tires are superb, they were warmed up, but still ABS kicked in at the end.

Gee, that must be why my full size luxury car can stop shorter than a Porsche 911 in a panic stop.

No offense, but modern ABS does NOT lengthen stopping distances in almost any situation except glare icing, especially if correct tires are installed.

Hokiefyd, better pads do nothing in a true panic stop. Any pad that will lock the wheel is "good enough". But with modern high speed ABS systems a better bite can result in marginally quicker response...

Last edited:
Thanx everyone for pitching in.
I disassembled brakes yesterday and it was brake pad. It was hardly noticeable but at the end of the brake pad it seems that manufacturer used some kind of very strong material so it was creating noise. It damaged rotors, but nothing that would influence braking.
I put Brembo Slotted rotors now and EBC yellow stuff. Still bedding in, so will let you know how it works.
On the rear axle I still have EBC Ultimax slotted rotors and EBC red stuff pads.

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Post some pictures of the carnage.

Actually, I had to look for several minutes to find where was the problem. It was nothing major, just small dent on the edge of one pad.
Rotor got some line, but also, only if you look under the light and under particular angle.
I will try to make good photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back