What's your favorite oil/filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally use whatever I feel like trying that oil change. For filters I usually use a manufacturer name like Motorcraft or AcDelco. If that's not available I use a purolator classic. Whatever I buy always comes from Wal-Mart so I get what they have available as long as it isn't a orange can. I stay away from those because they are too expensive for what you get.

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
Pretty well what's on sale. Never noticed a difference.

Same. I do not have any real brand loyalty. I just use whatever I find on sale or am in the mood for, basically.

Really depends on my mood and/or price point while staying within mfr spec recommendations.

Amsoil / Amsoil.

We're in the Great Plains 60 miles from Canada (think -30 for a couple weeks in winter), so synthetic is the order of the day. Plus, the nearest inexpensive oil market is 140 miles away and in town I'd pay close to $6 a quart for dino, and $10 for synthetic at our local BFE Montana auto parts store.

Last edited:
My favorite cheapie combo was a jug of $.99/ gallon Delo SAE30 and a $1 Fram Orange can close out PH43 filter. That's a $2.12 (with tax) 3 season oil change on a Jeep 2.5L.

I'm currently running National (Pinnacle) conventional 5W-20 with a P1 filter (no idea when it was made) on a 3K miles OCI.

I picked up 10 qts. PP and 18 qts. QS UD and 4 M1 filters recently to start using. Since my Ram 5.7L takes 7 quarts, I'll use PP next followed by a PP / QS UD mix followed by QS UD for the winter seasons anyway. My truck's a 2012 still under warranty so I'll be running 8K max miles OCI per owner's manual with the synthetics.

engine: Saab b202 (2 Liter petrol, turbocharged, oil quantitiy 3.8 Liters)

Oil: Mobil 1 0w-40
Filter: either genuine Saab or Mann/Hummel

oci: 10,000km

I like the Mobil 1 AFE line, team that up with a Mobil 1 filter and I'm a happy camper.

I've been liking QS oils. All of'em(QSGB, QSUD, DEFY)! Other oils too but, mainly QS! Good value and I'm liking the extra quiet that I've been noticing as well and no, it's not the placebo effect! I do notice this quiet with other oils as well...and some that are less so!

As-far-as filters! I'm still working on my stash of Purolator's(Classic/PureONE). Each one I've cut open after an OCI has been great but, they're from over 1 year ago purchase(sale/rebate/code# AAP) and I still have 6 of them to use. Until I get a bad one, I'll stay with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back