Ebola Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
Page 117 says it all.
http://www.usamriid.army.mil/education/b...0Sep%202011.pdf

Quote:
In several instances, secondary infections among contacts and medical personnel without direct body fluid exposure have been documented. These instances have prompted concern of a rare phenomenon of aerosol transmission of infection

Yup, we all know it. The problem is, CDC doesn't seem to know it, or at least they pretend not to.

This link here gives you brief history of how Ebola got started in the U.S. and an update of Nina Pham.

Don'y worry, it's not a conspiracy site.
56.gif

USA Today

It's easy to point fingers. From everything I've read, we need to act now. The one concerning variable is how long we go before we get it under control, which begins in Africa. The longer it goes unchecked, the greater chance of mutation.

In the meantime, I'd expect several more cases here in the U.S., more hysteria, but hopefully also a better grasp on it.

They are testing a vaccine this fall. Science is the only way out.

Close ALL borders and stop ALL international travel to the US. The US needs to grow a set and quit being the world's police force and quit being the world's doormat!!

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
Reading the news, it seems the hospital in Texas has a lot to answer for.

While I agree with you, I've always thought it was the U.S. Government's responsibility to protect us from something as deadly as Ebola. Civilian hospitals aren't equipped to deal with Ebola and in my opinion, they shouldn't have to. We're talking about a weapon of mass destruction here.

Originally Posted By: buster
It's easy to point fingers. From everything I've read, we need to act now. The one concerning variable is how long we go before we get it under control, which begins in Africa. The longer it goes unchecked, the greater chance of mutation.

In the meantime, I'd expect several more cases here in the U.S., more hysteria, but hopefully also a better grasp on it.

They are testing a vaccine this fall. Science is the only way out.

I'm not sure you can control it in Africa. With the state of their population and lack of infrastructure it will be reoccuring. And they continue to populate despite the lack of food , medical supplies etc. Even if we built an infrastructure they have no economy to support it and no education to run it. therein lies the problem.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Close ALL borders and stop ALL international travel to the US. The US needs to grow a set and quit being the world's police force and quit being the world's doormat!!

It's just not that simple and the world doesn't work that way anymore. Globalization.

Some people traveling through airports have started wearing masks and gloves.

How do we know when we've crossed the line from being overly cautious to paranoid?

Remember all those forced vaccinations and medical isolation concentration camps that people thought were being produced by the powers that be? I guess they'll have some use now. Am radio is overflowing with personalities and callers demanding that anyone with any inkling of a sign or chance of exposure to be quarantined in the name of public safety.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
This link here gives you brief history of how Ebola got started in the U.S. and an update of Nina Pham.

Don'y worry, it's not a conspiracy site.
56.gif

USA Today

Quote:
we felt it was in the best interest of the hospital's employees, the nurses, the physicians, the community, to give the hospital an opportunity to prepare for ... for whatever comes next," hospital spokesman Wendell Watson said.

Whatever comes next?
Would that be lawsuits?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Remember all those forced vaccinations and medical isolation concentration camps that people thought were being produced by the powers that be? I guess they'll have some use now. Am radio is overflowing with personalities and callers demanding that anyone with any inkling of a sign or chance of exposure to be quarantined in the name of public safety.

That's fine as long as they let me quarantine myself in my own home. I would prefer not to die in a concentration camp.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Remember all those forced vaccinations and medical isolation concentration camps

I don't remember. When was that?

A quick google search brings up plenty of this stuff. Vaccine checkpoints, FEMA isolation camps, etc.

Much has been disproved as hoaxes, but am radio sold lots of advertising pulling that thread too...

Google books

The latest, which apparently was true, was that a government checkpoint in TX was set up to take peoples' DNA, blood, etc. this was before the Ebola scare. But others can sell advertising turning that into a vaccine/disease check, where you get an RFID bracelet and without it, you can't go places, into stores, etc.

I primarily stated above as a joke, but just listen to am radio. Everyone is yelling to essentially inter anyone with a possibility of being in contact with anyone.

I'm thinking there shouldn't be anymore cases unless that #2 nurse has passed the virus onto someone else while she was on the airplane.

Am radio is overflowing with personalities and callers demanding that anyone with any inkling of a sign or chance of exposure to be quarantined in the name of public safety.

That would be fine if we had universal paid sick time. The hospital has their workers on paid leave... and the infected nurses will get worker's comp... but lots of hourly workers (food prep, home health aides etc) don't get benefits and will work through their "flu".

There's nobility in self-quarantining and the nurses did a good job. That NBC doctor who got take-out, not so much.
laugh.gif
Having G-men put these folks on forced house arrest will make some decide to be "unreachable" even if it's in a bug-out cabin.

oh this gets even better!
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/us-monitors-health-care-worker-aboard-cruise-ship-26262568

this confirms what some of us already know. we are in good hands.
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/lupica-cdc-reveals-truth-ebola-article-1.1977364

Under questioning from Congress on how two Dallas nurses contracted Ebola, Tom Frieden of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said, ‘While we do not yet know exactly how these transmissions occurred ….’

The path the Frontier plane took.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eJpgHRch30

Remember Ebola is a BSL-4 contagion.

Last edited:
For those of you/us that have kids in a daycare or teenagers and so on, when the kids starting getting sick, then and only then will someone wake up and close all these flights bringing in folks from Africa infected areas, you think????

How and when it hits the newborn /neonatal parts of your hospital, it can result in an upset population...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back