Increased my oil stash (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up 34qts at mills fleet farm to restock my oil stash, now a total of 50qts.
Added:
12qts citgo 10w30
12qts citgo 5w20
10.2qts MS5k 5w30

After rebate the citgo was $1.29/qt and the Ms5k was $1.33/qt. The bottom shelf theres a jug of premium blue 10w30, 1/2qt RP synerlec to add to my OPE (make it easier to see on the dispstick), some filters, some coolant and MMO.

Heres some updated pics.

I see a Puro air filter purchased on clearance at Kmart. I have some with those yellow price tags on them too.
thumbsup2.gif

Beer stash looks low, however, time to get more Leinenkugels....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14

Sadly, the lemon berry is now out of season but the fridge is stocked as well some bud, miller lite, and some spotted cow, my garage is my man cave
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
I see a Puro air filter purchased on clearance at Kmart. I have some with those yellow price tags on them too.
thumbsup2.gif

Couldn't resist the $4 price tag!

Originally Posted By: volk06
Originally Posted By: Astro14

Sadly, the lemon berry is now out of season but the fridge is stocked as well some bud, miller lite, and some spotted cow, my garage is my man cave
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
thumbsup2.gif

Couldn't resist the $4 price tag!
Spotted cow! Made in my home town. You must travel to Wisconsin often to keep that stocked.

Serious question: Why an oil stockpile? I mean, I bought 20 qts of PP when it had the $20 gas rebate (about $1/qt after gas rebate) but that's an amount I could use in 12-16 months. Do you guys just have a really high CI (cylinder index) and your 50-200 qts stockpile is a year or less worth of oil, or are you buying oil for armageddon?

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
Nice stash! why no 0W20? Gets pretty cold in our parts. I need to make another trip up there for some new glarus.

His Castrol gold bottle is 0W20

Originally Posted By: sir1900
Nice stash! why no 0W20? Gets pretty cold in our parts. I need to make another trip up there for some new glarus.

Good eye! As for the 0w20, while it does get cold here, it is usually only -15F a few days out of the year and there isn't that much different between 5w20 and 0w20 yet at that temp, if it were to be -25 or -35, then itd be a different story.

Originally Posted By: linksep
Serious question: Why an oil stockpile? I mean, I bought 20 qts of PP when it had the $20 gas rebate (about $1/qt after gas rebate) but that's an amount I could use in 12-16 months. Do you guys just have a really high CI (cylinder index) and your 50-200 qts stockpile is a year or less worth of oil, or are you buying oil for armageddon?

I change the oil in some of my family's cars, they give me $10 per oci so I try to buy oil and filters as cheap as I can without sacrificing quality (napa spin on or puro cartridge). I enjoy doing it so and I'm not try to make money or lose money. With their oil changes, I use about 60qts of oil a year.

Originally Posted By: volk06
grin.gif

I like the Lemon Berry too, but the Vanilla Porter is coming out soon so that makes up for it!

I've decided to add to the oil collection only if it's at fire sale pricing like your Citgo.

I've got a good backlog of oil right now and need to work through it.

I have about 40 qts of Maxlife that I got for .50 a qt
It is Nexgen and I cant pass up a deal so I have a few years worth
I love it when certain brands get phased out for no good reason

Originally Posted By: sir1900

oh good call!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back