Will I Get to 100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
Subject: Will I live to be 100?

Here's something to think about. I recently picked a new primary care doctor.

After two visits and exhaustive Lab tests, he said I was doing 'fairly well' for my age. (I just turned
“seventy-ish").

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do you think I'll live to be 100?

'He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer, wine or hard liquor? 'Oh no,' I replied. 'I'm not doing drugs, either!

'Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued Ribs?

'I said, 'Not much... my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!'

'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, boating, sailing, hiking, or bicycling? 'No, I don't,' I said.

He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have lots of sex?' 'No,' I said...

He looked at me and said, 'So then, why do you even give a c**p?'

Last edited:
Most important nowadays is the question: Are you under a lot of eletromagnetic radiation... near to cell phone trasmitter antenna(s), and a bunch of wireless devices in every house in a condo ...
That emission keep flowing and fighting each other inside your body.
WYT

LOLOLOLOLOLOL, maybe I'm weird and I don't have kids yet to really decide, but I rather enjoy and live to whatever rather then worry about how LONG I can live.

76 yo here. Enjoy life, hit the gym 3x per week doing Aqua aerobics. Still do my own oil/filter changes. Love driving my CX5, good food, women. Gave up drinking 12 years ago (AA) and gave up smoking 3 years ago. Just try to enjoy what life I half remeining. Yaaaa. Ed

I don't want to live past any age where I can no longer move under my own power and/or control my bowel movements.

I know of a 92 year old male still working daily as a machinist. He works for a municipality and is the oldest person in the New York State Public retirement system. He's a fantastic machinist.

Last edited:
I have a question for you? If you are a senior citizen and in good health what age do you think you are when you try to figure out how you got to be so old, even though you may not remember getting there? I will be 70 next summer but I think of myself as about 40. And, knowing that you're old now, do you think you'll make it to 100 and still be self propelled and able to take a shower without help?

So far my only misgiving with getting old is that I never want to get to the stage where I can't support and take care of myself. I sometimes wonder if I'll have the solution to that problem when the time comes.

When I was a teenager an old man told me the definition of old age is when a good dump becomes more important than a good _____. He said I would understand that idea someday but not too soon.

Young people will not understand old age until it's too late and there's no starting over.

Originally Posted By: Pontual
Most important nowadays is the question: Are you under a lot of eletromagnetic radiation... near to cell phone trasmitter antenna(s), and a bunch of wireless devices in every house in a condo ...
That emission keep flowing and fighting each other inside your body.
WYT

.... and doesn't carry enough energy to do ANYTHING to you. At least if you don't climb cellphone towers routinely.

Yes, its electromagnetic radiation... but its not ionizing radiation. Wavelength matters!

So, I live 80 feet from big multiantenna cellphone towers on top of the next building. All the time, not just routinely. Besides 100 wireless devices full strenght. Is that fine or not ...

Originally Posted By: Pontual
So, I live 80 feet from big multiantenna cellphone towers on top of the next building. All the time, not just routinely. Besides 100 wireless devices full strenght. Is that fine or not ...

Since my hobby is Amateur (Ham) Radio, and I teach Electromagnetic (non-ionizing) Radiation and Ionizing (Nuclear) Radiation Principles to Physics and chemistry students, I have great interest in this topic.

The FCC also suggests an evaluation of your radio "shack's" environment to determine the EM power levels within it.

Most cell phone transmitters transmit about 30 watts of power to the antenna in the UHF band.

The only unequivocal data I have seen in terms of biological effects of RF energy is that if you are extremely close to VHF or UHF antennas with high power being fed to them, body cells will heat up. But we're talking very high powers, on the order of 5,000 watts and above.

This is why when climbing towers, one reduces or cuts power to the radiating antenna to reduce body heating effects.

The power received by a person is inversely proportional to the distance squared from the antenna.

http://www.mike-willis.com/Tutorial/PF3.htm

The power output of mobil/personal cell phones is about 100 milli-Watts (100 thousandths, 100/1000 of a watt).

Absorption of or exposure to cell phone RF energy to the head or ear is limited by something called "SAR" standards.

However, this limitation is artificial and based on something called the "Precautionary Principle" which is not based on science, but based more on innuendos and scare tactics.

Bottom line, I think you're safe but if you are concerned, have building management do a EM field survey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back