Mobil 1 HM 5-30 Alright for 96 vortec 350?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about a subaru but a 350 can run any brand 5w30 except the pqia regects. I'm sure a 5w20 would not hurt the life of a small block. And Mobil oil or any oil makes spun rod bearings. I actually used Mobil 1 in my old camaro with a 350 in it.

Last edited:
Its on the thicker side of a 5w30, so if specs a 5w30 your golden. Running it in the 3.5 Uplander now.

Thanks guys, you rock! I was a long term lurker on this site before and just signed up today, don't know why I didn't earlier since this is one of the most useful automotive websites on the internet with a helpful community.

Originally Posted By: Blacksmokey
Or would you say it's too thin? I heard people with Subarus spinning rod bearings with it? Link below, I always thought it would be fine, what do you think?
http://www.mainelysubarus.com/forums/topic/10559-mobil-1-5w-30-synthetic-high-mileage-oil/

All that caterwauling on the Subaru site about M1 being thin, and nobody ever bothered to look at a spec sheet. M1 5w30 HM is on the thicker end of the 30-weight range.

Wow, it looks like bobistheoilguy moved north for the winter.
Above thread; Superior WI, Michigan, Grand Prairie and Jasper Alberta, Regina Saskatchewan, and I'm stuck in Brandon Manitoba for a week.

I saw upper Michigan Peninsula a minute ago.

What else good came out of Wisconsin?

Well, the anti-coagulant Warfarin, starts with a "W", what is the rest of the acronym?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back