Why I'm paranoid of buying oil at walmart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
People removed caps, snapped a picture, and re-capped. Chances of something being wrong with the oil are very slim IMO.

As far as Ultra goes, I have two WalMarts in different cities spread about 5 miles between the two stores. One keeps Ultra on the shelf, the other doesn't.

Both WM's where I live carry plenty of both PP & PU.

When I went to buy 2 jugs of PP last week, they had 4 jugs of 5W-20 PP on the shelf, 2 had intact neck rings and 2 did not. I bought the 2 with intact neck rings.

I hope SOPUS doesn't require receipts for the FRN discounts as I mailed my original receipt to them for the PP for the $10 rebate per jug. Everything I saw didn't indicate you also have to use the receipt for the FRN discount based on the Pennzoil web site, the $10 rebate sticker on the jug, and the FRN offer on the string around the jug neck.

Don't complain! Walmarts here in the L.A. area don't even carry the 5 quart jugs of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. They have the Platinum, but not the Ultra Platinum.

Look at all the Ultra -- that I still haven't seen around here. I typically twist the cap a bit. You can tell if they've been opened.

This is some B.S.! All that Pennzoil Ultra Platinum available at your local Walmart and none at mine.
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: Umibozu
Yup, but it's clear what their intent was. Next time they'll know what to do...

You're forgetting about the guy that just wanted to smell the oil.

"What!? Smell the oil?! What kinda guy would wanna smell the oil?!"

It is a very common occurrence here. I check the seals on all bottles of oil before I buy them, and make sure the label is intact. So far no problems with the oil using that method. I have seen plenty of bottles tampered with though, it goes with the territory.

OP, you should consider asking if you can buy the opened jugs for a discount. A few here have reported WM just throwing the opened jugs away.

And we [censored] about not being able to find PUP on the Walmart shelves. I wouldn't stock it until they foil sealed the jugs.

Originally Posted By: Lex94
And we [censored] about not being able to find PUP on the Walmart shelves. I wouldn't stock it until they foil sealed the jugs.

Or they can put it and all the expensive synths in locked cases like some stores do with expensive colognes and perfumes haha.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Or they can put it and all the expensive synths in locked cases like some stores do with expensive colognes and perfumes haha.

Like Canadian Tire used to do with their K&N oil filters, until they realized that all CT's oil filters are overpriced?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back