wipers maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: y_p_w
Also - I rather like using refills. They're kind of hard to find these days. I find that the wiper arms are usually in good shape, but the plastic adapter is what wears out if kept around too long. I've got a bunch of old complete assemblies that I suppose I could reuse.

Agreed. Replacing the entire wiper assembly seems so wasteful, both financially and environmentally.

Blade refills only take a little longer to replace than an entire wiper assembly. Plus, the quality of the wiper frame makes up a lot of the performance of how well wipers work. Very few after market wiper frames really hold the blade flat against the windshield over the entire length of the wiper. OEM frames tend to do a much better job. By using refills, I get to keep a wiper frame that was selected for my car.

I have always had good results with Auto Zone's in house brand of wipers. I change them often as I like to see. and if for some reason, it's not my car or I am being cheap, very fine sandpaper can revive dead blades. Had a rental car on vacation with shot blades-- very dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back