Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
All the indexes are at support areas, vix/vxx at resistance. Ready for a bounce; the key is, what happens with the bounce.

Was thinking the same thing. The closing TICK is crossing over too. If I would have gotten home before the close I would have went long. GL

Looks like I missed it.

Looks like I missed todays whopper to the downside too. Be careful...we shoulda took off today.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
All the indexes are at support areas, vix/vxx at resistance. Ready for a bounce; the key is, what happens with the bounce.

Was thinking the same thing. The closing TICK is crossing over too. If I would have gotten home before the close I would have went long. GL

Looks like I missed it.

Looks like I missed todays whopper to the downside too. Be careful...we shoulda took off today.

Here's your 2nd. chance.....

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Why not just hold some dividend paying stocks like AT&T paying 5% or some utilities ?

IN the long run, you will be ahead money wise, and you will not need to fret over the DOW every day!

Originally Posted By: Pablo
The Ebola.

Don't think so. Looks like massive margin calls on energy. Couple of hedge funds dumping to get out of the way... Already turning around. -144 at the moment.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
The Ebola.

Don't think so. Looks like massive margin calls on energy. Couple of hedge funds dumping to get out of the way... Already turning around. -144 at the moment.

Wayne

Well, maybe..... The talking heads are saying that the Ebola issue is triggering several scenarios including energy which is already dropping because of a glut of crude.

The reality is that every thing is connected, and the world is in a negative flux, with ISIS, Ebola, beheadings, Europe is close to recession, and now a 2nd. Ebola victim in Dallis.

Wayne

I'm having my best year ever. Killing it in TMF/long term treasuries. i can't believe I sold out of VXX. The Vix divergence I talked about a few weeks back was critical and I didn't have the nutz to stay in it.

There are some scary looking charts out there now. German Dax, Russel 2000, Wilshire 4500, MSCI All World, and the Value Line geometric compistre all have devastating head and shoulders tops. Plus, the Value line, Russel, and Dow 30 are hitting the trendline from the 2000 and 2007 tops.

http://jlfmi.tumblr.com/post/99481911515/updating-the-most-significant-chart-event-of-this-era

Heard we were down over 400 points at one point. If I was in front of my computer I would have bought. Looks like the $RUT is holding up the best. Up 1% while the Dow was down 1%. GL

I booked profit for TMF. Bonds are in a blow off top it looks like. The Fed is now hinting at more QE to try and get rates rising/inflation expectations rising. The long term treasury to SP500 ratio hit major resistance today, similar to areas where previous stock corrections halted.

I'm thinking of selling soon...VIX is showing support here and the Naz hasn't gone anywhere the past few days.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Anyone buying energy / oil stocks ?

I was just thinking about that today. And after looking at the charts of alot of the energy stocks... I would hold off for now. There still crashing.

I'm done with gold related trades for awhile.

I did however back the truck up with SDRL this AM at $26.30

Hey Pabs, what do you think about SDRL going forward, considering the following?

Wayne

Quote:
By Jeff Reeves, MarketWatch

There is no shortage of risks in the stock market as the end of the year nears.

There's fear of deflation in Europe, and some economists are predicting a triple-dip recession for the region. China's growth is running at the slowest pace since before the financial crisis, and it's still losing steam.

And there was some serious volatility at home in October, with the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX) soaring briefly to its highest level in over two years. The Dow Jones Industrial Average frequently recorded triple-digit swings.

Despite those challenges, I think the market is primed to move higher in the long run. Consider a recent report from FactSet, which shows the forward price-to-earnings ratio of the S&P 500 Index is still below the market's average since 1999. Or that, thanks to falling gas prices, a University of Michigan consumer sentiment survey was at a seven-year high at the end of October.

The fear of buying stocks near record highs may be justified. But why not focus on less-known companies that have been beaten down? They just might outperform in 2015.

Here is a list of some bargains I'm watching now.

Seadrill

Energy prices have plummeted, and stocks like Seadrill (SDRL) have paid the price. As an oil-service company that focuses on offshore drilling, Seadrill is in particularly dire straits given that the cost of deepwater extraction makes even less sense when crude oil is cheap.

However, after a big drop this year, it's hard to imagine things getting worse.

And it's not like Seadrill is just sitting there, waiting for crude to bounce back and business to pick up. Zephirin Group recently offered a bullish take on the stock, in part, because of two big engagements in West Africa, where the company is contracting with Total (TOT) and Exxon Mobil (XOM) . Seadrill is comfortably profitable and isn't going anywhere.

The biggest risk, however, is a cut in Seadrill's juicy dividend, which at a recent payout of $1 per quarter works out to a staggering 18% yield. With projected earnings of about $3 a share, there simply is not enough money to keep up that kind of distribution for long.

But even if the dividend is slashed by 75% to 25 cents, you'll still enjoy a nearly 5% yield. And, most importantly, you'll be buying at the bottom to benefit from share-price appreciation and dividend growth. The forward price-to- earnings ratio is less than 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back