What should I pay for a 2010 Taurus SHO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: supton

Well, I did meet her in Maine... But she was from CT, so she's an odd duck, someone who would head north to middle of nowhere to attend college. [Oddly enough we now live north of No. Weare at the present time.] She insists that I did a great job of teaching her how to drive a manual transmission: I recall going over how an engine works, why it doesn't make power at idle, etc. Looking back, the fact that she'd pay attention to me while explaining that... is all the more confirmation that I found a keeper!

She bought her Civic despite not being proficent with a clutch, but learned real quick (I did have to drive it once to realize that this was a vehicle that actually did need throttle as you let out the clutch--once she had that "permission" she's been good to go). When I decided it was time to replace her Civic she placed stickshift about #3 on the list of must-haves, after a/c and large enough to hold the kids.

But if we lived in the 'burbs we'd probably have an auto, she conceeds that point. But she'd be the first to "authorize" a "fun" car for the weekends, with a proper trans of course.

Sounds like my wife lol, but my wife started driving a year ago (comes from a really rich family back in India so she had drivers (chauffeur?), so did I until I was 12), I'm so impressed at her driving progression just in a year, my wife has truly impressed me.

But driving a manual or females who can properly drive a full size suv/truck are also very impressive to me.

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
But driving a manual or females who can properly drive a full size suv/truck are also very impressive to me.

There's definitely something SEXY about a chick who can drive a manual!!
cheers3.gif

If you are looking for ecoboost and awd you might want to look at the mks too. Depreciation does a number on them. I've seen 2013's with a 50k MSRP going for under 30k.

Originally Posted By: BowNisPar
The performance package is very desirable. I definitely recommend reading a few reviews comparing the Performance Package model to standard SHO.

Bigger brakes/recalibrated braking system
Springs/Shocks/diff anti-sway bar
And a few other items I don't remember

I would look for one in the low $20s with 50-75k miles.

PP got the same size brakes as the non PP, just a better compound in the pads for 2010.
PP also has a higher gear ratio for quicker starts.
You couldn't get adaptive cruise in the PP SHO in 2010.
PP allows for complete traction control disable
PP got summer only tires vs all seasons (in 20")

The trans programming was solved with a few flashes and possibly a bad range selector for some. Some early build's had issues with chaffing of the knock sensor wires (check shoforum.com for how to check) due to no loom on it. Brakes are a weak spot inthe 2010's but manageable. The griding/moan is an annoyance and easily fixed with a brake job.

All in allI love mine. I'd buy another or a 15 Mustang...

Last edited:
C&D tested a 2013 with the PP and stated it had: bigger calipers (67 percent more swept area) front only, better pads, bigger master cylinder, bigger brake booster, 20 inch wheels with summer only Goodyear F1's, Power steering recalibrations, stability control 'track' mode, and slightly shorter gears 3.16 versus 2.77.

Unbelievable that it weighed 4358 pounds. Stunningly overfed!

I am not a fan of cars that I must slip into like a shoe. But the SHO is great off the line and in inclement weather...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
C&D tested a 2013 with the PP and stated it had: bigger calipers (67 percent more swept area) front only, better pads, bigger master cylinder, bigger brake booster, 20 inch wheels with summer only Goodyear F1's, Power steering recalibrations, stability control 'track' mode, and slightly shorter gears 3.16 versus 2.77.

Yeah they improved the brakes for 2013. They are the Achilles Heel of the 2011-2012. I believe all the SHO's get the bigger brakes and master cylinder for 2013. But I could be wrong on that.

Quote:
Unbelievable that it weighed 4358 pounds. Stunningly overfed!

She's a porker that's for sure. Weighs almost as much as a base F150.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
say what? summery only tires and great in inclement weather??

Take a look at where I live and get back to us on that!

Fair enough! (and please don't rub it in come January :)
Serious question; are the summer only tires good in rain? I presume your inclement weather means wet weather.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Fair enough! (and please don't rub it in come January :)
Serious question; are the summer only tires good in rain? I presume your inclement weather means wet weather.

IME a summer only tire is the BEST in the rain, a good all season is next.

A heaping helping of hot chocolate to all you sufferers in the frozen North!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back