Used Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still see poor people driving Exploders and Trailblazers. Somehow doubt they "need" those cars. If they got neons and focusses instead they'd be money ahead next time from the gas savings and could afford to pay cash for whatever they fancy.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I still see poor people driving Exploders and Trailblazers. Somehow doubt they "need" those cars. If they got neons and focusses instead they'd be money ahead next time from the gas savings and could afford to pay cash for whatever they fancy.

Yes however they gave away Exploders and Trailblazers compared to neon's and focuses recently due to fuel prices.

Can't help but feel buy "used" they are talking about '06 and newer.

Don't get me wrong iv been in a bind many time but never enought to not afford a xcar. (Please don't get me wrong I save up for 3+ years when I buy a new car) but still I find it hard most people can't put up $50-$100 a month.

A bit OT about people "needing" huge SUVs;
Most people at my work place drive SUVs because they think they're automatically safer to be 'big and high off the ground' - Most of them are female, most of them are 2 WD (but are unaware of it, and think 'they're safer in snow' also). a lot of them have all season tires that are visibly worn out.... (HEY BUT IT'S AN SUV, so....)

I know a few of them to be horribly bad drivers, just from seeing them park and/or back out of parking spot, and on occasion having ridden in their SUVs. You can tell a lot about how they might drive those huge 2WD SUVs on a daily basis.

This shows how stereotyping can be wrong: the GUYS I know from work whom I have expected to drive huge trucks and SUVs, only ONE of them drives a big truck. All others drive normal size sedans...(at least to work). (And they park straight...)

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Yes however they gave away Exploders and Trailblazers compared to neon's and focuses recently due to fuel prices.

Very good point.

That's one of the biggest argument of the environmentalist for having government mandates on fuel economy, because old gas guzzler don't die, they just keep rolling in the slum and drink just as much fuel (at near scrap value).

There's a reason i drive a '95 Legacy wagon 5M ,and it's not because i can't afford a "newer" car ,they're all over the place down here, rust free, elderly maintained, bingo.. shopping etc.Because it's a fun little car that's really well built and it just keeps going.

Obviously barring tragedy/catastrophic events happening to an unlucky few people - most long term average "poor" people got that way and stay that way by consistently making bad choices and decisions from early on and then subsequently throughout their lives about almost every aspect of their lives. They also typically get in debt early and stay in debt the same way..more bad choices. They also make consistently bad choices about education, spouses, friends, associates, places to live, jobs to take, places to work, use of drugs, use of alcohol, health/home/car insurance, preventative health, life habits, smoking, etc. The list goes on and on. They also choose and drive the worst possible cars for the same bad reasons. I know this sounds harsh but in 90% of the cases it is 100% true. Life long poverty in the US is a largely self inflicted disease mostly caused by laziness, lack of self discipline, and bad choices/judgement.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cashmoney
Obviously barring tragedy/catastrophic events happening to an unlucky few people - most long term average "poor" people got that way and stay that way by consistently making bad choices and decisions from early on and then subsequently throughout their lives about almost every aspect of their lives. They also typically get in debt early and stay in debt the same way..more bad choices. They also make consistently bad choices about education, spouses, friends, associates, places to live, jobs to take, places to work, use of drugs, use of alcohol, health/home/car insurance, preventative health, life habits, smoking, etc. The list goes on and on. They also choose and drive the worst possible cars for the same bad reasons. I know this sounds harsh but in 90% of the cases it is 100% true. Life long poverty in the US is a largely self inflicted disease mostly caused by laziness, lack of self discipline, and bad choices/judgement.

Yet they all have newer and nicer smart phones than I do.....

Originally Posted By: possum328
Originally Posted By: cashmoney

Yet they all have newer and nicer smart phones than I do.....

It's because we are paying for all that nice stuff they have.

Maybe we should have yet another round of "cash for clunkers"...
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
frown.gif

Please dont' give them anymore ideas,they've ruined enough already.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
Can't help but feel buy "used" they are talking about '06 and newer.

Don't get me wrong iv been in a bind many time but never enought to not afford a xcar. (Please don't get me wrong I save up for 3+ years when I buy a new car) but still I find it hard most people can't put up $50-$100 a month.

It would be hard for us being a single income household. Granted we could sell the RV and probably afford another decent car. It's not so much the payment though.. it's the higher insurance and taxes which is the real biter.

frown.gif

I'm sure the usual supporters must now chime in to tell you what a wonderful program it was...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
frown.gif

I'm sure the usual supporters must now chime in to tell you what a wonderful program it was...

It was a financial engineering exercise to get around directly paying off automakers to build something and sell below cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back