Good Aftermarket replacement for 2.5L 2010 Camry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I've been using OEM Toyota air filters in my 2010 2.5L Camry engine. However, UOAs are suggesting less than optimal results with the OEM filter. I suspect the filter is not sealing well. (See the thread here )

Another poster suggested trying the Mahle brand of air filters, as they have a foam seal that may improve the fit. Unfortunately, Mahle does not make one that fits my engine.

Does anyone else have a suggestion for a filter with foam (or some other enhanced type) of seal for my 2010 2.5L Camry?

Make sure the tabs are in the hooks - if this box uses them - i've had cars that are notoriously difficult to get the airbox back together properly - like our last forester. The usually good fram replacement I tried this time was excessively warped and wouldn't allow the box to close properly. I took it back to wally-mart.

Denso - Available from Toyota as:

Gen 5 2AZFE and 1MZ/3MZ: 17801-0H010
Gen 6 2AZFE: 17801-0H050
Gen 6 2AFXE: 17801-0H010
Gen 6 2ARFE: 17801-0H050
Gen 6 2GRFE: 17801-AD010

I do not think it is possible to find a better filtering capacity in a filter other than Denso's excellent air filters. Like advised try checking to close the lid better.

AFE Pro Dry S #922826 will work if you like to reuse and give a slight gain. Dry type so no oiling and having to worry about oil getting on mass airflow sensor.

Olas -

Unfortunately, none of the 3 Mahles fit the 2.5L 4 cylinder engine. I am looking at some of the others, though.

Originally Posted By: btanchors
Olas -

Unfortunately, none of the 3 Mahles fit the 2.5L 4 cylinder engine. I am looking at some of the others, though.

I don't know the Camry that well being that it's not sold over here, but Mann are equal to Mahle in every way, OE for BMW, Audi, Mercedes etc...check the carid.com link I posted
smile.gif

All - here is what I am doing:

The air filter has not been replaced (or even examined) for about 25K miles. Normally, I replace at 30K, and historically, even at 30K intervals, the filters haven't been that dirty. But I have ordered a WIX replacement filter, and some K&N air filter gasket grease and will replace it when they arrive. The problem is, I won't see the effect (if any) until the next UOA which will be nearly a year from now.

Here's an update:

I took out the old filter, which was a Toyota OEM filter. Although it was somewhat dirty, it wasn't excessively dirty. There was NO indication the filter or the filter box wasn't properly seated. I examined the filter closely, especially around the edges, and there was no indication of a leak.

I cleaned out the filter box with compressed air, and installed a new WIX filter. I used K&N air filter sealant grease around the edges of the filter.

I guess we'll see the results at the next UOA, which unfortunately, will not be until nearly a year from now. Having said that, I do not think my high silicon readings in the UOAs were due to an air filter leak - I suspect it's probably related to the fact that Toyota uses silicone-based sealants in their engines. I have seen it before on several different Toyota engines, just not to this degree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back