Want To Ditch Cablevision In North Jersey. $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am paying around $240.00 a month for cablevision 3 phone lines and internet i want to switch because the price went up again! I need Internet and phones i can do without all the channels. What should i do i absolutely Don't want Verizon, i know they are the best but i Don't want them.

Someone mentioned a stand alone cellular service for phones and internet but i don't remember which one. I do remember they were cheap.
I live in Bergen county New Jersey

240? wow, we pay that much for 5 iphones with sprint.

our Charter internet is 29.99, 99.9% reliable we use to get outages and it was annoying but I later on found out it was the pos modem that kept over heating and since they replaced it, its been 99.9% reliable out here.

Put up an antenna, lose the cable TV. Comcast among others is lobbying aka bribing politicians right and left to eliminate broadcast television.

Can you get antenna reception (NY north or Philly south)? I use antenna only but I live in NYC.

Originally Posted By: larry007
Comcast among others is lobbying aka bribing politicians right and left to eliminate broadcast television.

Comcast was recently in the (bad) news. Some poor guy got really shafted dealing with them. I'll be sure to let my reps know about this. The LAST thing consumers need is a CC/TW merger.....

I pay 35 per month for DirecTV, after a 10 dollar per month AAA discount, and a 10 dollar per month referral discount for 10 months.

46 dollars for 100mb internet from time warner.

I get free NFL package for the first year.

I might cut it back to the basic directv package next year, as I usually just watch local channels and a few cable channels very infrequently. No I have had bad luck with antennas, I'd rather pay 20 bucks per month to have good signal.

For cell service I have an iphone on page plus cellular. They run on verizon towers, same coverage. 39 per month, no taxes.

Yikes. My total monthly household bills are only slightly more than that.

Get rid of the cable tv and if you need to watch something put up an HD antenna. Find something constructive to do with the time you currently spend in front of the idiot box. If you have kids spend time doing something other than watching TV with them. They'll thank you for it when they are adults.

Phones are available for much less-my wife and I pay $30/month for two with Consumer Cellular. Not fancy, but they send and receive calls. If you have kids and they want more than that, let them get jobs and pay for their own. They'll thank you for it when they are adults.

Surely there are Internet options available that are less than what you are currently paying. Even when I was consulting, a 1.5 MBs connection was more than enough to support a VPN/RDP connection.

To ditch cable vision, call your bank and tell them not to release any more payments to cable vision.
Next, call cable vision and tell them to stop providing the service as you can not pay for it any longer.

Last, shop around for a better deal. Easy
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back