What should I pay for a 2010 Taurus SHO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The time has come to possibly send the A6 down the road and upgrade to something with a bigger back seat for child #3, so I've been looking at Taurii SHOs in my area. I've spotted a couple of them, but want to go into the negotiation knowing what a good price is and when I'm paying too much.

So what would a fair to good price be from a dealer for a SHO with between 50k and 75k miles? The ones I'm looking at are loaded with Nav and the performance package (whatever that means). I feel that KBB and NADA are useless when buying a car, but helpful when selling.

Anyone in the business that can tell me what the dealers would have paid for the car at auction or on trade? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I've done a bit of research on the issues with the new gen Taurus like the trans programming and the HVAC blend door motor and the grinding front brakes. I would plan on using that as a bargaining tool if the car has not had those TSB done while still in B2B warranty.

Last edited:
The performance package is very desirable. I definitely recommend reading a few reviews comparing the Performance Package model to standard SHO.

Bigger brakes/recalibrated braking system
Springs/Shocks/diff anti-sway bar
And a few other items I don't remember

I would look for one in the low $20s with 50-75k miles.

I have my kids ride three wide in the back seat of the Highlander. Obviously the minivan has three rows. Three wide doesn't seem to bother them at all, though most people who see the three seats think it looks like a clown car. I thought we would need special seats like Sunshine Radians, but two regular boosters and one normal work fine. Once your oldest is 8 legally they can ride shotgun and that would make a sedan a non issue.

SHO would be a cool car to have. Sorry I can't be helpful on Ford products. My expertise only lies in triple parenting. Congratulations! Make sure it isn't twins before signing any paperwork.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bepperb
I have my kids ride three wide in the back seat of the Highlander. Obviously the minivan has three rows. Three wide doesn't seem to bother them at all, though most people who see the three seats think it looks like a clown car. I thought we would need special seats like Sunshine Radians, but two regular boosters and one normal work fine. Once your oldest is 8 legally they can ride shotgun and that would make a sedan a non issue.

SHO would be a cool car to have. Sorry I can't be helpful on Ford products. My expertise only lies in triple parenting. Congratulations! Make sure it isn't twins before signing any paperwork.

I have them 3 wide in the A6 right now, with the 7 month old in the middle in the infant carrier. She's about at the max to fit in that seat and with winter coats she probably won't fit anymore, so we need to move her to the rear facing toddler seat. The problem I have is when her seat is in the middle it makes it hard to buckle the two outside seats because there's no LATCH hooks in the middle, just the two outside. The belts cover the seat belts of the two outside seats.

I thought that the front seat rule was 12 years old, and back seat without a booster from 8 to 12 or >80lbs? My wife and I were discussing this yesterday as to when he could lose the booster and he's only 6 now so another 2 years of this arrangement was not ideal.

I'm looking at the SHO because I don't think I want to give up a twin turbo V6 as the tuned A6 has spoiled me. The wife's minivan seems soooooo slow whenever I drive it compared to the A6.

The two I see in my area are priced around $19,750, but I was really hoping to be at that number after tax, title and license.

The closest one has 76k miles and is 3 miles away, and the other one is 100 miles away but only has 51k miles. The farther one is red though, my least favorite color. I could live with it if it's a really good deal, though.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Child #3? It's minivan time!

He's already got an Odyssey! How many minivans does a man need?! LOL

Some research online shows that the rear shoulder room of your Audi is 55.7" while the Taurus has 56.9". I'm not really sure 1.2" is going to make much of a difference. I'd look for a Tahoe or another minivan or Traverse.

Wife and I thought about this back when child #3 was a possiblity. It dawned on us: whoever has the kids has the minivan. Whoever doesn't gets to drive the "other" car. Whether it was the regular cab pickup or tiny econobox. [Didn't go for #3 so all a moot point.]

Have you ruled this out? I realize it's "time for the A6 to go" but I wonder if going three wide in the back is "absolutely" necessary. Really desirable I get.

We've found we can go three boosters wide in the back of our Camry. *ducks and runs*

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
The two I see in my area are priced around $19,750, but I was really hoping to be at that number after tax, title and license.

The closest one has 76k miles and is 3 miles away, and the other one is 100 miles away but only has 51k miles. The farther one is red though, my least favorite color. I could live with it if it's a really good deal, though.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!, red is my favorite color.

Originally Posted By: supton
We've found we can go three boosters wide in the back of our Camry. *ducks and runs*

your wife drives a 6 speed manual? and does it well? she is cooler then me in that department because I can't even drive a manual (never cared nor got an opportunity to learn)

seriously where did you meet her? are you guys country? other then outside of the US, I haven't met a single female who drives a manual.

My experience is only with St. Louis, MO and Chicago, IL though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Originally Posted By: supton

your wife drives a 6 speed manual? and does it well? she is cooler then me in that department because I can't even drive a manual (never cared nor got an opportunity to learn)

seriously where did you meet her? are you guys country? other then outside of the US, I haven't met a single female who drives a manual.

My experience is only with St. Louis, MO and Chicago, IL though.

Well, I did meet her in Maine... But she was from CT, so she's an odd duck, someone who would head north to middle of nowhere to attend college. [Oddly enough we now live north of No. Weare at the present time.] She insists that I did a great job of teaching her how to drive a manual transmission: I recall going over how an engine works, why it doesn't make power at idle, etc. Looking back, the fact that she'd pay attention to me while explaining that... is all the more confirmation that I found a keeper!

She bought her Civic despite not being proficent with a clutch, but learned real quick (I did have to drive it once to realize that this was a vehicle that actually did need throttle as you let out the clutch--once she had that "permission" she's been good to go). When I decided it was time to replace her Civic she placed stickshift about #3 on the list of must-haves, after a/c and large enough to hold the kids.

But if we lived in the 'burbs we'd probably have an auto, she conceeds that point. But she'd be the first to "authorize" a "fun" car for the weekends, with a proper trans of course.

Taurus SHO is a seriously SWEET car!! I'd go for the red one!! Bright red or all blacked out would be my two color choices.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Taurus SHO is a seriously SWEET car!! I'd go for the red one!! Bright red or all blacked out would be my two color choices.

The one closest to me is all black with the cool 20" SHO special rims that are partially painted black.

Originally Posted By: ShotGun429
I love my 09 Crown Vic!!!! 3 across back seat, no problem.

In cuffs, no less.
wink.gif

Anyone with 3 small children would understand.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Some research online shows that the rear shoulder room of your Audi is 55.7" while the Taurus has 56.9". I'm not really sure 1.2" is going to make much of a difference. I'd look for a Tahoe or another minivan or Traverse.

You're right that it's only a couple of inches wider, but it all comes down to the placement and number of LATCH anchors. The A6 is wide enough to put them all in, it just lacks the anchors in the middle seat.

My MIL and mother's Impalas both have 3 sets of anchors in the back seat and fit all three pretty well. Maybe I should look into retrofitting another set of anchors in the Audi and just keep it.

The other secondary reason for the possible switch is that the Audi may or may not need some expensive maintenance/repairs in the future. I'd rather not be left holding the bag if the trans or turbos decide they've had enough. Although it's paid for, the Ford would be easier and more cost effective to maintain as it's newer, and that savings may just pay the car payment for quite a while.

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

The one closest to me is all black with the cool 20" SHO special rims that are partially painted black.

Now THAT makes it a hard decision! It'd be my luck if I were looking to buy one I'd find those exact two,a black one and a red one
20.gif
. BUT,I see a ton of blacks one and I've never seen a red one. I'd go for the red!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back