Monster. I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to try a Monster energy drink just to see what the hype was all about. It was the nastiest chemical slurry I've ever tasted, and didn't really get a 'buzz'. It was the flavor with the green M on the can. Yeah, I don't drink soda and I'm old, but still I don't get it. I must be missing something.

I'm 24 and a college student. Many of my friends live on that stuff. I will never touch it, it is horrible for you. I know people who sleep 1 or 2 hours a day and just drink that constantly. I can't imagine that is healthy.

I tried it once on a long drive I had to make and needed a boost as the evening came along. I felt awesome after I drank it and thought wow, this stuff really works great, and then the crash came after about 2 hours and I was done and had to pull off the road to sleep. That was the first and last time I drank it.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
I know people who sleep 1 or 2 hours a day and just drink that constantly. I can't imagine that is healthy.

It isn't. There's no part of that plan that is anything but bad (though the sleep deprivation is worse).

Originally Posted By: NateDN10
Why even bother when coffee is so delicious?

Personally Monster tastes way better than coffee to me. There is a Starbucks on my walk at lunch and walk at night by my house and I have to hold my breath past them because the smell makes me nauseous. Never have had a cup in my life, forced myself to taste coffee a few times and threw up.

The strong taste of energy drinks does well to cover the flavor of vodka. Besides that, if I've got a long drive, they will keep me wired more than coffee alone. I rarely drink them now-a-days, though. They cannot be good for anyone.

I prefer Monster White Can, but like the Absolute Zero and Low Carb. I will not drink the full sugar one.

I can't drink coffee very hot, so it takes a good 30-45 minutes minimum, so I prefer Monster since I can drink it now.

You do have to be careful, they say don't drink more than 2 or so a day for a reason.

Originally Posted By: Bryankkkk
I used to drink it was i was younger now it tastes terrible.

+1 I can't stand sugary drinks like I used too.. I prefer my coffee like my women too.. Bitter

Originally Posted By: surfstar
The strong taste of energy drinks does well to cover the flavor of vodka. Besides that, if I've got a long drive, they will keep me wired more than coffee alone. I rarely drink them now-a-days, though. They cannot be good for anyone.

I'm assuming the drive is without vodka ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back