Durun F-One experience - Chevrolet Tahoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Rand
He kinda reminds me of ram_man.. he always asks me for advice on various car issues/maintenance.. then just does whatever...

That annoys me to no end. I am the IT dept for 45+ person company and people ask for IT related advice for personal issues and do the exact opposite. I keep that in mind so the next time I invest no effort in helping them. Had a coworker that was looking for a deal on a laptop and told them that when I sent them a link they would need to buy same day. Few deals passed and expired before they could make up their mind. I finally just emailed them a deal and them immediately sat with them at their work computer while they ordered it.

Last edited:
I wonder if someone swapped those for the OEMs and Hertz never noticed. I can't believe a big rental company would resort to a [censored] Chinese tire.

maybe the local bean counter is getting kickbacks from the tire place.

"we put these cheap tires on your cars" we pocket $$$ you pocket $$... Dunno.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Originally Posted By: Miller88

Then they replace with Fuzion touring tires.

as bad as those are...

they are not in the same category as chinese made chinese branded tires.

A coworker was asking me what tires to get for his dodge dakota, I recommended a few value options...

he ended up paying more for his fuzion tires than he could have gotten much better tires for....

oh well... then he asked why his winter traction was so bad after sliding into a curb...

He kinda reminds me of ram_man.. he always asks me for advice on various car issues/maintenance.. then just does whatever...

I almost bought those! Really really bad reviews though.

Originally Posted By: mikefxu

That annoys me to no end. I am the IT dept for 45+ person company and people ask for IT related advice for personal issues and do the exact opposite. I keep that in mind so the next time I invest no effort in helping them. Had a coworker that was looking for a deal on a laptop and told them that when I sent them a link they would need to buy same day. Few deals passed and expired before they could make up their mind. I finally just emailed them a deal and them immediately sat with them at their work computer while they ordered it.

Question to me: I'm buying a laptop... should I get Windows 8?

Me: If I were you, I'd get Windows 7. I just got a new $1500 laptop at work, and it has Windows 7. Trust me... there's a reason why.

Other person: But Windows 7 is oooold. 8 is newer.

Me: You're using XP now. You'll be MUCH happier with 7. There's a whole bunch of reasons why I'm recommending Windows 7.

(((Two weeks later.)))

Other person: I bought a laptop with Windows 8, and it is horrible... it sucks.... what do I do now?

At this point, I turn around and walk the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back