Brand New Flywheel - Toast Already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: undertow
Average age of the car fleet in Germany is only 8 years. That Veedub has done pretty well but is past its design life; time to offload it while it's still running IMO. They aren't really designed for long-term maintainability these days.

I don't know if I fully agree. Some of these TDI's run to ridiculous miles. My prior mechanic had his '02 or '03 at well past 500kmiles. He just kept repairing whatever broke. VW made lots of these MkIV chassis, parts are going to be around for a while to come. Given their diesel nature there will be a niche following too, and that will drive suppliers to continue to offer parts.

That said, I don't think anyone with crazy high miles has a DSG. Some option boxes are better left unchecked.

Originally Posted By: Roadkingnc
There you go, blame the dealer. They only installed a part supplied by the manufacturer so it has to be there fault.
I spent 23 years as a tech at a dealer. If I fixed the car and the parts failed it is my fault and I have to redo the job then deal with the parts mfg for adjustment. Customer confidence is how you keep them returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back