Bathurst lap times tumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bathurst weekend again, and Bathurst Council resurfaced the track.

As a result, the cars are carrying an extra 6+MPH on all the corners.

Amazing.

(Also the human capacity to whinge is astounding. They threatened the council wit not running the race unless it was resurfaced...now the drivers and teams are having difficulties to re-adjust)

I STILL cannot get over the fact that they MUST run spools in the rear axles of these beasts, despite them now allowing IRS!
crazy2.gif

Anthem sung, almost ready to start. Found a feed, so excited for this. Wish it was on real TV in the US. We didn't get to see the AFL Grand Final, but we got to see the NRL Grand Final.

On the Formation Lap now. Looks like the Jack Daniel's no. 7 has an issue and stalled.

Seriously these cars sound absolutely amazing. I saw my friend I went to the Austin 400 with today and we are going to try to go to Bathurst next year.

Looks like Whingecup may have a reaction time better than any of the rest of the drivers...or he jumped.

I agree with the sound...the rules for 7,500RPM redlines have made for a very very short deck height for better weight distribution and balance.

(and they still spin to 9,000RPM on down shifts).

Haven't heard the Nissans and the like in real life as yet.

At least the whole field made it through The Chase this year. Maybe the #1 Whincup car under investigation for a jumped start? Looked a little close to me.

The camera angles are amazing this year, I love the helicopter shots.

How awesome would it be of the V8 Supercar series came back to the US and did an enduro race at Long Beach to make it similar to the Surfer's Paradise / Gold Coast 600 race.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Looks like Whingecup may have a reaction time better than any of the rest of the drivers...or he jumped.

I agree with the sound...the rules for 7,500RPM redlines have made for a very very short deck height for better weight distribution and balance.

(and they still spin to 9,000RPM on down shifts).

Haven't heard the Nissans and the like in real life as yet.

Mercedes and Nissan were at COTA last year. They sounded a lot higher pitched compared to Ford and Holden. Closer to what the V8 and V10 F1 engines sounded like.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Maybe the #1 Whincup car under investigation for a jumped start? Looked a little close to me.

Interesting commentary on that one...commentators had two scenarios, either he jumped, or those around him were asleep...then pointed out that from his start position he couldn't see the light, so would have to be relayed from the crew. So if the others didn't have such a slick crew, they would be waiting to see the pack move.

Then the video techs pulled it apart and found he was clear for 6 frames, a reaction time (including relaying the message through the crew) of just over 0.2 seconds.

That's slick work.

Ya that was amazingly close.

Conrod Straight is absolutely crazy. I didn't have the appreciation for it until I drove the course on Gran Turismo 6, full on massive pucker factor zulu approaching The Chase through that section.

Conrod Straight is absolutely crazy. I didn't have the appreciation for it until I drove the course on Gran Turismo 6, full on massive pucker factor zulu approaching The Chase through that section.

Sorry to gloat...
7df1cfed.jpg

Originally Posted By: Shannow

Sorry to gloat...
7df1cfed.jpg

mad.gif

Interesting they are doing driver changes so early.

Your commercials are a lot better there than in the US. The HSV commercial is simply awesome. And the Peter's Fandangles commercials are hilarious. Pretty cool seeing SoCal Speedshop on a Shannon's commercial.

We get sheep dip commercials in between the HSV stuff (we're in the country)...you get some good "wireless marionette commercials".

Off Topic, Shannons are the best insurance company that I've ever dealt with.

Gaining entry is tricky, as you can't just sign up. Was rejected a number of times until I got the Caprice..."do you intend to modify your vehicle?"...only when I answered that I was going to screw the boost up would they let me in (and then the other vehicle and the home/contents).

Car got rear ended by a drunk unlicencend motorcyclist just after joining. They retrospectively gave me lifetime no-claim protection when I proved that my second car was always fully insured, then when I gave them the newspaper clipping of the guy being sentenced, they gave me the excess (deductible) back and went chasing him.

Class company all 'round.

Sounds like a good company to deal with.

I have Bathurst going on my computer and the NASCAR race on my TV in the same room. Had to do a double take when they showed Tim Condric from Penske on the V8 Supercar broadcast sitting in the DJR garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back