Favorite flavors & brands for chips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going through a bit of a phase with salt and vinegar chips. It's always been my favorite flavor but I recently discovered the Boulder brand using malt vinegar and it's perhaps the best I've had. Tried some other brands afterwards and for me they don't compare.

So now I'm intrigued on what flavors and brands have stood out for others? I want to try something new.

I've been eating crackers lately instead of chips. Chicken in a Biscuit,Ritz,Four Cheese Cheez It's,and Pepperidge Farm Four Cheese Crisps. With chips I usually go for bbq,nacho cheese,or sour cream and onion.

I was reading thru a diet that claimed to include junk food in moderation to help people that wanted to lose weight but just could not give up the snacks. For one meal it stated "Pringles, 9 pieces". Has anyone ever opened a can of Pringles and eaten just 9 pieces?

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
I want to try something new.

How about something completely different?

No wheat, corn, or potato; just peas and rice. Totally different experience. Should be available at any grocery store, just maybe not in the chip aisle, so you might have to look around.

Snapea Crisps
snapeaproduct-bag.png

when I was in Canada the "catsup" chips were pretty good.

Up in Buffalo, the buffalo chicken wing chips were gross.

Down in Texas, everything is jalapeno.

I like a good BBQ chip, or Salt and Vinegar.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
when I was in Canada the "catsup" chips were pretty good.

Up in Buffalo, the buffalo chicken wing chips were gross.

Down in Texas, everything is jalapeno.

I like a good BBQ chip, or Salt and Vinegar.

ha ha ha ha ha that is hilarious. We call it and write it ketchup. I almost spit out my drink. You guys don't have it down there? What is the stuff that you put on fries?

Chips are my downfall, otherwise I eat pretty healthy.
Potato chips- regular(usually the low salt type!), sometimes barbecue. I don't eat a whole lot of potato chips. Flexible on brands, but somehow usually wind up buying Lay's products.

Tortilla chips- regular, round or triangular, white or yellow or sometimes blue corn, house brand or national brand, whatever is on sale. Love 'em, with salsa or cheese or both or whatever or alone. Recently, got a few bricks of Cabot's Chipotle Cheese on sale- that chipotle cheese on tortilla chips = almost heaven. I'll include Fritos w/tortilla chips, when I do get Fritos it's usually the half-sodium type. I actually prefer these *strongly* over the regular full salt Fritos. To really improve *any* corn tortilla chips, heat in the oven for a few minutes before eating.
wink.gif

Other: by far the least healthy, I suspect, are the Cheetos, the original Crunchy, not the namby-pamby Puffs. Nuclear nitro orange cheese powder, mass quantities of salt, probably pretty bad for you- and I do love them so!
thumbsup2.gif
On all the other stuff, I'm flexible on brand- but for Cheetos, only the original Frito-Lay Crunchy will do!
grin2.gif

Salt&vinegar are good, love Sun Chips (harvest cheddar), pork rinds of course. Pretzel chips are good. Recently had humus chips that were quite tasty. An all time favorite is Fritos corn chips with bean dip, or in a cup/bowl with milk poured over them.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
My family missed chicken flavoured chips while we were in the States.

I presume that means you brought the illegal Vegemite with you, or found a black market source of it in the US.

(Can you believe my spell checker told me to capitalize "vegemite")

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
Originally Posted By: Shannow
My family missed chicken flavoured chips while we were in the States.

I presume that means you brought the illegal Vegemite with you, or found a black market source of it in the US.

(Can you believe my spell checker told me to capitalize "vegemite")

We brought it with us...fortunately, we cleared customs in Hawaii on the way through, and not at LAx (although we DID get it through there last time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back