iphone 6 and 6 plus announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon enough my wife will be able to upgrade to a 6 or 6+ no idea what she'll want.

I have no upgrade path(unlimited Verizon data plan holder) so I get her iPhone 5 which is a massive upgrade over a the 4s slow pile of dung(3g only) and even over wifi. I am used to instant gratification in my devices and the 4s simply does not perform in opening web pages or looking things up compared to my i7 Thinkpad and iPad Mini /Retina (newest chipset).

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Till apple figures out how to shed weight on their I phones I'll pass. Makes a good paper though.

The iPhone 6 weighs 4.55 ounces (129 grams)
The 6+ weighs 6.07 ounces (172 grams)

Here's the weight of popular phones that are out right now:

Galaxy S5: 5.11 ounces (145 grams)
HTC One (M8): 5.64oz (160g)
LG G3: 5.26 oz (149g)
LG G2: 5.04oz (143g)
Galaxy Note 3: 5.93 oz 168g

Seems like they figured it out.

I like both Android and iOS. I like the bigger sizes on the 6. I don't like to carry multiple devices and would rather carry one big phone than a small phone and a tablet. I'm considering an unlocked iPhone 6 plus to get access to iTunes. I may also get the Nexus 6 when it comes out because it plays better with Google apps and my Chromebook.

Posting this only in good fun!!

iphone-troll.jpg

iphone will always be behind. Any new feature they had us android users will have already been enjoying it for a few years.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Posting this only in good fun!!

That is funny...

I do think it's cute how folks produce graphics like this to reinforce to themselves that they made the right decision in a smartphone.
smile.gif

Androids are so customizable and have had sooo many features way before iphones,
But they crash so often and are so unstable you can't use any of them
grin2.gif

Oh, this is in fun, sorta.

Seems like both sides here are fighting the last war. Two years ago, iPhones were lacking in features but they've caught up. In 2010, Androids crashed a lot but today, they have lower crash rates than iOS:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2455622,00.asp

Just enjoy the fact that mobile OS is maturing across platforms.

I really like Apple and it's products. I am not much of a gizmo-freak though. I have had a completely flawless iMac for two years now and I will never go back to the others.
My girlfriend is looking into a new smartphone. She's got the Galaxy 3 I believe. Last year she got a new Macbook Air....and it also has been flawless. They really make quality stuff. She's considering the iPhone 6 Plus....but still waiting to get to handle one when T-Mobile has them. It will be interesting to see if they have some competitive offers vs. the other carriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back