Weatherstrip side and top of garage door

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning to weatherstrip the sides of my garage door. It's not really a weather thing but more to do with stuff getting blown into the garage through the gap.

So initially I was only planning to do the sides and not the top.

However, I understand that dust could still enter through the top. I'm wondering whether this is reason enough to do the top. However one of the reasons I was thinking not to is that the furnace and water heater are in the garage, pretty near to the garage door.

Will these suffer from not having as much fresh air if I seal the garage door completely?

There is another external door in the garage which right now has gaps as well, although it tends to fit the frame better in winter.

shouldn't you have enough ventilation from the eves or roof vents to satisfy the water heater/furnace?
I know my garage in Illinois would, but I am not familiar with CA codes

Also, I have a stucco finish around the garage door where the edging needs to be attached.

Any thoughts on how best to secure it? Liquid Nails?

It's not exactly complicated.

If you really think that you can get a residential garage and garage door sealed that tightly (which I highly doubt), then add a screened vent somewhere on an outside wall of the garage so the water heater/furnace don't starve for fresh air.

I have a stucco finish around the garage door where the edging needs to be attached.

Any thoughts on how best to secure it? Liquid Nails?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back