Police K9 dies after left in cruiser for hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not condemning the officer at all. What I am condemning is the police agency's lax approach to the whole situation, as compared to what their response would have been to a regular citizen.

Let's face it. If he wouldn't have been a cop, you think they would have even stopped to ask any questions before slapping the cuffs on him?

If the solution for a regular citizen would have been a good scolding, with a plenitude of action verbs, then so be it.

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Every cartoon I watched growing up taught me that police are fit, intelligent, and always make the right calls, and that only freaks with green skin and licentious facial features ever disagree with them.

Who is this you speak of?

And I learnt a new word today. Licentious. Had to look it up!

wink.gif

No character in particular. Just that every cartoon I saw as a kid that was about cops, the only people who didn't love cops always had physical deformities, unctuous dispositions, and rather depraved appearances; monsters, essentially, even if they were human.

It seems I was supposed to believe even from childhood that only a monster does not love cops and agree with all of their policies.

^ Got it. I think I watched more superhero type cartoons, Tom & Jerry & Scooby Doo. Collectively I suppose they all told me not to rely on the cops. And the Keystone Cops probably sealed that impression for me and if not that, non stop Baywatch in my teens certainly did.

Haven't seen unctuous used in a while. Be parsimonious in declaring your skills with words good sir, lest you suffer the accusation of being that rare breed of Floridian intellectual.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
I am not condemning the officer at all. What I am condemning is the police agency's lax approach to the whole situation, as compared to what their response would have been to a regular citizen.

This is my problem with the situation. Good people do make mistakes, and when they do, they should be held accountable for them. If laws were broke, then the appropriate punishment, no matter the profession, should be handed out.

It's my strong personal opinion that people should be held accountable for hurting animals the same as for hurting humans.

Haven't seen unctuous used in a while. Be parsimonious in declaring your skills with words good sir, lest you suffer the accusation of being that rare breed of Floridian intellectual.

Worth quoting from the land of fruits and nuts!

You're pretty fruity over there too. But no nuts (so I'm told)!

Plenty of those right here, eh Mori?

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
You're pretty fruity over there too. But no nuts (so I'm told)!

Plenty of those right here, eh Mori?

LOL

+LOL

And how many videos is this now about something the police are doing wrong? Not all police are good. Not all police are bad. I have met a few cops who were arrogant jerks and I have also met some very professional cops. I would say the majority of cops are reasonably professional because their actions are constantly reviewed by superiors. It would be kind of hard in this society today for an extremely brutal, criminal cop to last very long in a department, unless the entire department was corrupt. You could probably say the same thing for any professional. How long would a dishonest, incompetent house painter last? How long would a dishonest, incompetent mechanic last?

I saw a video on Fox News a while back that showed a police officer risking his life to save the life of a person trapped in a burning automobile. Maybe Apollo14 could search for that video.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back