Hickok45 on YouTube - Gun Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pablo
He's been around for years now and I think we discussed him here before.

...I don't particularly agree with him on gun cleaners and a single lube and his love of a certain product. I mentioned that I had some issues with said product and there really are a number of gun lubes and cleaners that work fine. I did not mention the names of these other products, but he deleted my comment. I started a dialog with him and he just closed down. I believe now this product funds him. I actually have no issue at all with this, but the secrecy and deleting my comment put a big question in my mind. Hey, if you have a sponsor, say so. The word shill comes to mind, I'm sorry to say.

thumbsup2.gif

Me neither.

I have never found a single liquid CLP that can do it all.

I use two separate liquids; one a cleaner, one a lube.

Originally Posted By: Slick17601
I like Hickok. He's a down to earth guy that I would love to spend a day with. He's also an excellent gun salesman!

Yeah, it's funny - he always says "I kinda like it" or "I really like it"

His channel is one to which I'm subscribed, and I'll watch his new videos when I get a chance in the evening on the Roku. His love of Glocks and Ballistol has to be unmatched, but that's okay. We all like what we like, right? I ordered a can of Ballistol from Amazon due to his praise of it and I don't care for it all that much. I prefer to use a separate cleaner and lubricant. Both products that I use at the moment are from Hoppes' Elite line.

I watch his stuff and sootch00's stuff most on YouTube. Both guys seem pretty down to earth and they produce some nice gun review videos. Both give good close-in shots of the guns and both break them down so you can see what's inside.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Originally Posted By: AMC
I still watch him a lot. Although his videos are all pretty similar, they are pretty funny and you do get some good close ups of the guns he is shooting. I have watched him for a while and as far as I know, he is a retired school teacher. He says frequently that he was never a cop or in the military. He was a pretty good competition shooter though.

He says in more than 1 of his videos that he was a LEO for a while.

He was a reserve/auxiliary LEO.

Here is the key with Ballistol : If you shoot & clean as much as Hickok45 does , and use a very light amount on key Glock points as he does - then you will get a sort of seasoned coating on metal parts which can remain fairly slick . Conversely , IF you don't shoot as often OR you put your weapon in storage for a while in between shooting - then Ballistol WILL gum up / gel up on you ... Ask me how I know
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
His channel is one to which I'm subscribed, and I'll watch his new videos when I get a chance in the evening on the Roku. His love of Glocks and Ballistol has to be unmatched, but that's okay. We all like what we like, right? I ordered a can of Ballistol from Amazon due to his praise of it and I don't care for it all that much. I prefer to use a separate cleaner and lubricant. Both products that I use at the moment are from Hoppes' Elite line.

I watch his stuff and sootch00's stuff most on YouTube. Both guys seem pretty down to earth and they produce some nice gun review videos. Both give good close-in shots of the guns and both break them down so you can see what's inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back