2006 Renault Kangoo 1.5lt Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I intend to change oil and filter on my sister's van. I got the oil , Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40. For oil filters it seems there are not many choices. The best Mais filter has nitrile adbv. Any quality filter suggestions for this car?

Well I guess if OEM is unavailable something like MANN or Mahle/Knecht would be great. How did she get her hands on a Kangoo in States anyway? They are great family transportation.
smile.gif

Is this vehicle in the U.S.A.? I have only seen them in Europe. It's going to be tricky to find a cross reference chart at the auto parts store....

Originally Posted By: chrisri
Well I guess if OEM is unavailable something like MANN or Mahle/Knecht would be great. How did she get her hands on a Kangoo in States anyway? They are great family transportation.
smile.gif

I wish we had this in the US. I am in Turkey visiting family. I have a similar car in the US, Scion xb. I will look for Mann.

Originally Posted By: MichiganMadMan
Is this vehicle in the U.S.A.? I have only seen them in Europe. It's going to be tricky to find a cross reference chart at the auto parts store....

No cheap small engined diesel family cars in the US. The car is in Turkey. I will bring filters in my suitcase next time.

Originally Posted By: chrisri
Nissan uses same engine in their cars, maybe they sell some hatch with this engine in NA?

I looked and looked to find a small diesel powered car-van, none back then. Cruze has one, vw has a few. Vw is exorbitantly priced. Those TDIs.
Here in Turkey gas is 10 dollars a gallon, cheapest car is 25k dollars because of high taxes but diesel premium is not as large as it is in the US.
When you push gas pedal you feel it, it is not the same with gas.

So you are in Turkey and want to buy filter for 1.5 dci. Renault Thalia is built in Turkey and uses that exact engine, so it should be easy enough for you to find one.
Cheers.

Not a matter of getting a filter, any filter but a matter of finding quality filter like I stated earlier. Mais filter which is the OEM seems to be inferior even compared to Fram orange cans. Nitrile adbv. Cheap construction. Just does not cut it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back