Hyundai's Vortex Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
vortexgenvel.jpg

hyundai_vortex_generator.jpg

"A stylish way to guide air flow over your car for reduced drag and improved driving aerodynamics. MSRP: $224.00"

Yes, this is a genuine Hyundai accessory for the Veloster, and that is Hyundai's actual description.

Part number 2V034 ADU00 if anyone is interested.
grin.gif

I have seen some amusing accessories, like the "Z-Spec" line for the Spark (floormats, pedal covers, grille), but I think the Vortex Generator takes the cake.

I don't think its a joke, Mitsubishi did the same thing on one of the Evo's. It probably isn't all that cost effective on a DD unless you commute at high speeds, but it might help a little.
Most cars do produce lots of lift once you get into triple digits, so reducing that may help stability if you are tracking a Veloster.

The Evo had it for high-speed situations, correct. IIRC it helped smooth and direct airflow toward the trunk spoiler.

The Evo is a nearly 300 HP car, and has its roots in racing, so it may actually benefit from the various deflectors, spoilers, air dams, spoiler extensions, and vortex generators Mitsubishi has offered over the years. The Veloster, not so much. It's a sporty car, but a tame sporty car, not a performance car. Not likely to be tracked, and if it is, it will probably need other handling upgrades long before it needs some plastic stuck on the roof.

FWIW, Mitsubishi quit offering their vortex generator for the current generation. But no worries, there are plenty of things you can stick on an Evo.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
At 120 it might help...can that car do 120?

The turbo has 200hp so I imagine it could hit 120 fairly quickly. I thought they were going to stuff the 270hp motor from the sonata in there, which would've been quite fast!

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
At 120 it might help...can that car do 120?

The turbo has 200hp so I imagine it could hit 120 fairly quickly. I thought they were going to stuff the 270hp motor from the sonata in there, which would've been quite fast!

No more 270 hp in the Sonata. Tuned down to 245 now for 2015.

And you'd better be patient looking for 120 mph. Takes a Veloster Turbo almost 40 seconds to get there! It will hit 139 mph if you've got the time and the road...

I just noticed today when the semi delivered liquid nitrogen at work, it looked like the rear circumference of the tank had vortex generators attached to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back