Hancook Dynapro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for some opinions on the Hancook Dynapro ATM10 RF 10 tire? I am looking at them for the wife's SUV

Those look to be an All Terrain tire, what kind of use does your wife's SUV see? A quick search on google has pretty decent user review for the tire - mostly on off-roading forums though.

She does not travel off road but we get quite a bit of snow in our little corner of Western MA and the tread pattern looks like it could be a winner in the white stuff?

I run DynaPro's on my WJ and will be putting a set on our Explorer next year. You can EASILY run these tires for 60k mi with proper maintenance, we have 50k mi on our first set and they seem to have almost 50% tread left.

Even if you never drive off-road these tires are a good choice. I believe A/T's in general increase the safety of a vehicle. I noticed an immediate improvement in handling after putting on these tires, the JEEP felt more stable in turns as a result of minimal sidewall flex. Increased sidewall strength is a huge plus and also helps when she occasionally smacks the curb when parallel parking. We do spend a decent amount of time on trails and in the mountains, these tires work great in mud, snow and loose terrain situations and are not noisy on the road at all. And best of all they are VERY cheap in terms of price !

Saw decent reviews of the Dynapro in the snow, but no personal experience.

I don't know if all terrains are necessarily better than an all season highway tire. The highway tire should definitely offer better on-road handling, ride quality and fuel economy though. TireRack doesn't sell that specific Dynapro, but for that price range, looking at TireRack's surveys, the Destination AT looks nice: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORAT

I'm in the middle of a tire search myself and have found that in the last few years, tire companies have released "All-Weather" tires. Essentially, they are All Season tires that are also good enough to satisfy the winter Snowflake rating. THe "All Weather" tires seems to be a bit more expensive though.

The Goodyear Silentarmor and the Nokian WR G3 are two examples.

This month's Consumer Reports rates the DynaPro as #1 for an all-terrain SUV tire.
Going to the Hankook website, they have received several quality awards from Ford Motor. If you click on "mission statement", go to the bottom of the page and click on "code of ethics". Interesting reading - I would feel pretty comfortable buying their product.

What about General HTS, Firestone Destination A/T or Toyo Open Country A/T? They are aggressive tread and a good general purpose tire for on/off road activities

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
What about General HTS, Firestone Destination A/T or Toyo Open Country A/T? They are aggressive tread and a good general purpose tire for on/off road activities

I have considered a few above it's the price of the Hancooks that got me thinking... $112.00 ea. in size P245/75/16

Hankook Dynapro was on my list of possibles for the Pathfinder.

But I went with GoodYear Wrangler again.

The Hankooks i had in the Clio lasted well and i was happy with them. Though did change to Dunlop Sport Blu Response as they are superior with fuel economy and wet grip.

The Hankook S1 Evo2 K117 is the OE tyre for the current shape E220cdi.

It is also the tyres I have put on the Jaguar.

They out perform the J rated Dunlop Sport Maxx on both wet grip and economy but marginally noisier. But are £25/30 cheaper each.

They are also better than the Pirelli J rated choice but slightly quieter. But nearer £40 cheaper per tyre.

I am happy with my choice and feel Hankook tyres are going to be a real problem for the big premium brands over the next few years

The ATM RF10s are great tires. I've got 28K miles on the set on my '11 2500HD. I was doing some pre-winter maintenance this morning. They still have 11/32" of tread remaining.

They've been great in the snow,great off road in the mud,and handle heavy towing with ease (boat and fifth wheel are both over 10K lbs)

I should buy another set when they wear out,but probably won't. I like trying different brands and styles.

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
Originally Posted By: Bgallagher

I have considered a few above it's the price of the Hancooks that got me thinking... $112.00 ea. in size P245/75/16

That's hard to beat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back