2010 Mazda 3 Sport Radio Code??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, was going to change the battery in my GF's 2010 Mazda 3 Sport.

I was wondering if you need to get a Radio Code from the Dealer like Honda?

When I first got my Honda Fit I made sure to get the Radio Code as it wasn't stuck in the glove box.

I am worried that if I change the battery, and only they have the Code, they might tell me [censored] like, "you need a new radio", we have to reprogram it for you, etc etc.

If I can't easily get the code I will give her the battery and tell her to pay to have it installed at the Dealer to avoid being messed with.

I don't have any OBDII battery backup units.

If her radio doesn't work I can't fight the misinformation from Mazda and she'll be really mad at me, then they will bill her bigtime to get her radio functioning again.

I just inputted my radio code on my Honda, but I don't know what the deal is with Mazda.

Thanks for your help guys!

I replaced the battery in my daughter's 2006 Mazda3 with the factory radio. It did not require a radio code. You will loose the pushbutton station settings, but these can be reprogramed without any problems. FWIW

Oldtommy

Do you have a battery charger with a supply mode? Something like any Noco G7200 charger can supply a constant 13.6v for tasks like this. Also useful for bringing severely discharged batteries back up above the 7v threshold where most chargers won't recognize the battery.

I don't have a supply mode feature on my charger. I can't find anything about security codes for the stock radio in the OM or in the Service Manual.

I'll flip the old battery out and drop the new battery in with the posts pre-greased and hook it up fast.

Hopefully it doesn't give me any issues.

I'll post back by the end of the week or so and let people know if there are any codes that need to be entered into the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back