Amsoil 10w40 compare in inboard 5.7liters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Engine = Volvo penta 5.7 2008 ~700hours
Presently running it with mineral 25w40 mecruiser oïl.
Its the end of season here, and i have to change my oïl
wink.gif

I read a lot on this site, and my first choice will be now Amsoil Premium 10w40.
Im confused with the Amsoil 10w40 marine. I run my boat all week end. Its fresh water, I dont think I need a marine oïl in my engine.
Everage weather is between 45 & 85degres here.

Second choice is the Amsoil HDEO 15w40 oïl

Your comments will probably be any of these oïl is a good oïl.
Can you reply me a quick answer; Which one you will used ?
thanks

[img:right][/img]
[img:left]
[img:left]
image upload no limit[/img]
[/color]

They are all good choices actually. I used yonrun 10w30 marine Amsoil in my boat I/o. I have a uoa somewhere of it after a season and it looked fantastic still. In then switches to the ACD Amsoil 30/10w30. Same thing. Worked great this year it has Rotella 10w30. I have many boater friends who run the Amsoil 15w40 oil and love it. It is a great oil and works really well in the marine engines.

I would personally run that in your 5.7l over the 10w40. Its just a more robust oil and has been proven over and over. Second would be the Marine formula. I know mine was a little different being the 10w30 , but I had fantastic results with it.

I ran Amsoil's HD diesel oil in a 350 marine engine that saw about 50 hours of usage. It was expensive and probably overkill.

I then ran Delvac 15w40 & Rotella T for a few years.

Now I have settled on T5 10w30.

Yannick, the Rotella will be a good choice. I might opt for the Rotella T6 5W-40 (or the similar Chevron Delo 5W-40) if a lot of your running is in the spring and/or fall (easier cranking first thing on cold mornings).

Your original Amsoil choices would have been fine ... but the other brands are typically better bang-for-the-buck.

Yannick-
There is a reason AMSOIL has formulated a marine oil. Go to their website and read the data sheet.

One the the techs in a shop which uses a lot of AMSOIL just got a boat with a Volvo engine.
We talked about, and he opted for the marine oil.

For 10 Years... I've ran NOTHING BUT Amsoil 10w-40 4-Stroke Marine in my 140HP Suzuki.

Zero noises, zero issues, the engine does nothing but sing.

I highly recommend it.

Originally Posted By: **** in Falls Church
Yannick-
There is a reason AMSOIL has formulated a marine oil. Go to their website and read the data sheet.

One the the techs in a shop which uses a lot of AMSOIL just got a boat with a Volvo engine.
We talked about, and he opted for the marine oil.
I have never seen commercial operators run anything but 15w-40 HDEO in their high speed gas and diesel engines. I don't sell Amsoil so use what ever you think works best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back