'98 Jeep Cherokee Junk Yard AC Compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.
After two full seasons, the AC compressor I got from a junk yard stopped working. Brought it home this weekend (75 mile trip) so I could check it out.....turns out it was just the AC clutch relay....a $13 repair. No leaks, cools great, uber cheap.....you've gotta love those junk yard compressors!

cool.gif

Yep, a lot of cars around here drive into the yard with ice-cold A/C and rockers looking like Swiss cheese. Folks will gladly drop $500-1000 into getting their A/C working, but won't spend the $100 to get their car undercoated.

Last edited:
Yessir - $75 for the entire ac system, including the lineset, minus the evaporator PLUS a 90 day warranty. I went through two Four Seasons compressors prior to the scrapper. The first Four Seasons compressor suffered a broken clutch strap, the second one had stripped bolt holes (the plate bolt covering the ports was cross-threaded....even looked crooked when I took it out of the box).....I was sent another compressor (took two months to get it) and it lasted two months.

About 4 years ago I put a junkyard compressor in my Explorer. The compressor came out of a 2000 Ranger that had only 49k miles on it. I don't remember how much it cost, but I think it was about half as much as a new or reman compressor from the parts store. It's still working great 4 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back