PP 5W30 11,500 MI Pontiac G8 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 years in service,this was the last of my SM flavor PP stash. Filled it with Amsoil ASL for this go around. Plan on changing it at 30 months or OLM, whichever comes first.
Code:

Aluminum 3

Chromium 1

Iron 22

Copper 36

Lead 11

Tin 1

Mol 54

Nickel 1

Manganese 1

Boron 21

Silicon 6

Sodium 7

Calcium 2645

Magnesium 13

Phosphorus 711

Zinc 830

Sus vis 58.4

Cst vis 9.76

Flash 405f

Fuel
Insol .3

TBN 3.0

Discuss...

lead could be from the Cooper tubings solder, If possible but 11 is is of no concern. Si is crazy low. wicked filtration. no trend to look at so we really can't judge this uoa too much. This engine could have close to these numbers for the rest of its life. especially gm. saw one guys firebird that had 50 something Copper at 200000ish miles. And a large number of uoa's done on it.

It has always thrown some lead, 22 ppm in the very first UOA, and the universal average is 8 ppm, so I'm not losing any sleep over it.
Here are the previous UOAs:
first UOA

second UOA

No make up oil added. 28% life remaining on the OLM. The thing holds 8.8 quarts. The air filter is a Vararam cold air intake with a Green brand OCG filter element. AC Delco oil filter.

Really the intent at this point is to validate the length of time that the oil stays in service, since manufacturer recommendations (engine and oil mfg) always call out 1 year maximum. With a full 2 years on this fill, I don't see any value added by changing it at 1 year.

8.8 quart sump tells the story. Keep doing what you're doing - 30 months looks like a piece of cake - thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back