PQIA- Pennzoil Platinum Pure Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Pennzoil..they were using the GTL in the Platinum (and Ultra I presume) going back to 2013..they never labeled the packaging as such.
Pennzoil Q&A

The prior test by PQIA may have captured the GTL Pennzoil.

I'm sure it's a fine oil, but it's VOA yields little more than a yawn from me. To me it's VOA appears little different than several other OTC synthetics. Nor does it behave any different than other oils in my vehicles as far as I can tell.

Some believe PPP could have could have cost effectively been made even better with GTL base stocks - But SOPUS elected to make it just "good enough" to be in line with the previous PP ... Hard to say if it will perform any better than the previous PP but at least it should not perform worse .

They are advertising it as having "unsurpassed" wear protection of any oil, and I don't see anyone else calling them on it.

So you might find an oil as good, but nobody has claimed to be better so certainly it'd be fine for just about any vehicle with proper intervals.

No offense to those in this thread but if you are using VOA to understand oil performance you may want to rethink that strategy.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
No offense to those in this thread but if you are using VOA to understand oil performance you may want to rethink that strategy.

The Noack and -30C cP values are excellent performance measures compared to any other 5w-30, and everything else is solid. Also there is more than a VOA here. Take a look at the list of Certs and Exceeds (no "meets"). Dexos certification is performance-based not just a chemical analysis.

There's nothing wrong with a strategy of looking at all that information and choosing PPPP for 5w-30 applications.

Well I was using the ol PP in my DD. Now for the 1st time (current fill) I tried PYB. I sure cant tell any difference, so don't know if I want to stick PYB in again or try this PPP.
Doing 5k OCIs (GDI engine), probably will go PYB again. Will decide when next OC is due. I'll just keep a eye in BITOG for the PPP users.

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
I would like them to test red line oils

I'd like that too but I'm not sure if they even bother testing oils that don't have actual certs,not just meets or exceeds.
Maybe if it was more mainstream like amsoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back