Mag 1 full synthetic ATF for Mazda M-V?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Is Mag 1 Full Synthetic Multi-Vehicle ATF a good alternative of mazda M-V ATF?
It's datasheet says 'suitable for use'.

Does it meet the requirement of mazda M-V?
How does it compare to Amsoil OE?

Thanks.

Inspection Data of Mag 1 synthetic ATF
Specific Gravity @ 60°F (15.6°C) ASTM D4052 0.8516
Viscosity @ 40°C cSt ASTM D445 33.64
Viscosity @ 100°C cSt ASTM D445 7.41
Pour Point °C (°F) ASTM D5950 -51°C (-60°F)
Viscosity Index ASTM D2270 196
Color ASTM D 1500 Red
Rust Protection ASTM D 665A Pass
Gravity, °API ASTM D287 34.66
Brookfield Viscosity at -40°C, cP ASTM D2983 10,300
Copper Strip Corrosion (3 hrs@100°C) ASTM D 130 1B

Mag 1 is great stuff at an awesome price. You will not be disappointed
smile.gif

1) Suitable and meets specifications are NOT the same thing
2) do they warranty their product? Will they repair your transmission?
3) if Amsoil lists M-V and Mag1 is 'suitable', Amsoil wins

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Stick with OEM fluid.

Flushed with OEM M-V, experienced 1-2 shift shock when engine is cold.
upgraded PCM, no changed.
Trying to find a full synthetic ATF.

The Mazda M-V fluid and Ford FRN5 are the same, just for information. But i have read people using Maxlife, and Mobil1 ATF with great results.

Yes, I read people using Maxlife, and Mobil1 ATF with great results too.
But I also read that Maxlife changed it's formula, now its Viscosity is much lower than M-v's.
Mobil1 doesn't list M-v as recommended anymore.

Last edited:
I have also heard people using MERCON V in them as well with better results. Same as Castrol multi import.

I would try Maxlife or Castrol multi import.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Mag 1 is great stuff at an awesome price. You will not be disappointed
smile.gif

Dose Mag 1 meet the requirement of M-V?

I read in a mazda forum post that 34 cSt at 40C and 7.0 cSt at 100C are the lowest to maintain ATF M-V compatibility.

Last edited:
I edited my post but i read that on a Mazda Forum. But I would try the Valvoline Maxlife or Castrol Multi Import.

I read these two pdfs before I post this topic.
These two pdfs don't list 'Meet Requirements' for M-V but some other stands. M-V just listed as 'Suitable for Use'.
I also read in a mazda forum post said that 34 cSt at 40C and 7.0 cSt at 100C are the lowest to maintain ATF M-V compatibility (don't know if it's official). If it's true, Mag1 low viscosity may be too thin to be 'Suitable for Use', Mag1 high viscosity has a little bit lower viscosity at the 40C.

Originally Posted By: JBinTX30
I edited my post but i read that on a Mazda Forum. But I would try the Valvoline Maxlife or Castrol Multi Import.

For Maxlife, I also read people saying good result, but I was confused that the good result is from old or new formula.
Castrol Multi Import is not full synthetic.
Looking for full synthetic which makes tranny shift better/smoother than OEM M-V. Read many good result about Amsoil, But it's expensive to me.

Last edited:
Valvolines import, Castrol full synth transmax, Peak, Maxlife, Amalie,... are some. Kmart has smittys supersyn ATF.

Originally Posted By: leshan

For Maxlife, I also read people saying good result, but I was confused that the good result is from old or new formula.
Looking for full synthetic which makes tranny shift better/smoother than OEM M-V. Read many good result about Amsoil, But it's expensive to me.

Not expensive when you can do it once and it works perfectly...

Less time, less labor, and less overall cost than doing it twice.

Originally Posted By: leshan

Maxlife is a full synthetic. I use it in both of my vehicles and they work great! Better versus the older fluid. My shifts much better and I don't have any issues in the cold anymore either. Half the price of Amsoil and easier to find.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I would get the Amsoil OEF ATF. It's $6.20/qt case PC price. Amsoil was the first to design and market multi vehicle fluids, and frankly knows the applications and the required products.

Amsoil OEF ATF

Hi Pablo, I'm considering it too.
Will it make my car shift better and smoother tham OEM Mazda M-V? Will it significantly reduce the 1-2 shift shock when ATF is cold.
It's $6.55 plus PC fee plus shipping. I think it's going to close to $8 if I purchase 10 Qts.
I believe Amsoil ATF is better. Is Mag1 comparable to OEF?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back