eneos sustina 0w20 voa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am going to go for a thin 3.0 HTHSV, high VI, decent TBN, for my winter OCI, by mixing 4 quarts of the Sustina with 2 quarts of Red Line 0W-40.

If this winter is half as frigid as they are warning us about, it should be a good plan.
wink.gif

Yes I like that blend although I might even go a bit lighter with a HTHSV of 2.8cP or there abouts. What you could do, is only fill to the low level on the dip with the 4 qts Sustina and 1 qt RL then do an oil pressure test for 200 miles or so noting you lowest OP at the highest oil temp' at high rev's. Then you can add either more RL to raise the OP further or more Sustina to lower it if it's still higher than your target which should be 52-53 psi IMO.

We have another member with a Z0-6 Corvette that's running a TGMO/M1 SM 0W-40 85/15 mix with a resultant HTHSV of 2.7cP and he can maintain oil pressure in the low 50s psi at normal summertime street operating oil temp's.

^^^Yes, but I am still one of those that will err on the side of very slightly too thick, over even a split hair too thin.

IF I know for CERTAIN that this winter was going to be as BRUTAL as they are saying (NEVER, EVER over 25*F or so), I would go below 3.0 HTHSV, but not having that certainty, I will stick with the 3,0, regardless of what the pressure gauge shows.

That being said, IF I ever have to top off this mixture during this OCI, it will be with the straight Sustina 0W-20.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back