Question on gun camera footage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it you can see the bomb come in at the opposite side of the frame from where the camera/plane is taking the footage? Is this because the plane/camera has flown past the release point and the laser is still on target? Here is an example where if you look close you can see the bomb coming in from the left side of the frame.

Probably it's a drone marking the target for the plane/drone that did the shooting.

In any case I'd say that the truck is out of service, now.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Probably it's a drone marking the target for the plane/drone that did the shooting.

In any case I'd say that the truck is out of service, now.

Yep.

My $.02 This video shows the aircraft moving towards the target at a rate and heading that is faster and different than the bomb the aircraft dropped. It is possible that the aircraft both dropped the bomb and is also lazing the target.

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
It is possible that the aircraft both dropped the bomb and is also lazing the target.

Exactly what I was wondering...do they make a quick and evasive type maneuver after they release their bomb?.... but obviously have to hold the laser/camera on target at the same time.

Originally Posted By: expat
Originally Posted By: rjundi
One less Toyota on the road.

At what cost?
You paying taxes here? Most of these targets are hit with an standard iron bomb with attached laser guidance package. Not cheap, but not an cruise missle either. Now if someone important happened to be in that truck......

Like to see a vid of the facial expressions of terrorists driving along at the moment when they see a laser dot dancing around on their hood.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: expat
Originally Posted By: rjundi
One less Toyota on the road.

At what cost?
You paying taxes here? Most of these targets are hit with an standard iron bomb with attached laser guidance package. Not cheap, but not an cruise missle either. Now if someone important happened to be in that truck......

GBU kit is in the several thousand dollar range. About what the Toyota cost...now, getting the bomb there took some money: airplane, pilot, fuel, maintenance, aircraft carrier...

Originally Posted By: Blaze
Like to see a vid of the facial expressions of terrorists driving along at the moment when they see a laser dot dancing around on their hood.

You won't... The laser used to guide weapons isn't in the visible spectrum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back