219BA2AB-2C10-483C-B0EB-730BCE04C26F_zps3inyut7c.jpg

04A1C429-5EF2-479C-ACD0-7E51C23733BF_zpsunoin7x7.jpg

A89CC68B-5D13-467F-8960-3B5DD8C14864_zpsa8yr0nzv.jpg

AAE4E27C-A03A-4B62-B655-FF404CB4A478_zps8kz5cyuk.jpg

9ED48253-AD8B-4758-B8BA-AB1B8B06E6F4_zpsidelayxs.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Is that Luster Grey Metallic?

The V6 no longer comes in manual, come to think of it, I TLX does not come with manual at all.

Graphite Luster Metallic. I was thinking of black but then remembered how keeping my S2000 clean gives me fits and I don't even drive it that much. Plus the metallic in this color plays nicely off of the curves in the body.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
I never could understand the reason of getting a car like this with a 4cyl. Might as well settle for an ILX and not over-work the little motor

The ILX is not a good effort by Acura, shame really. In the case of my TSX I loved the 4 cyl as my K24Z was eager to rev. but the addition of DI and whatever else must've taken that nature away from the latest K24W series (not that they're bad engines by any means).

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
The 5 segment LED lamps in my folks' new MDX are really stunning. The forward lighting is simply fantastic.

I was wondering how much of a gimmick that was. Im no fan of the look, but glad there is functionality there at least.

Yeah they're the real deal. I didn't think HID could be improved upon but I guess it can.

Same color as my 12'TL! Those wheels are beautiful, did you upgrade or are they standard on the tech package? I think V6 still has timing belt.

Last edited:
Very nice...any shots of the rear? Curious to see how it flows to the taillights.

Have to say, I agree with the LEDs up front....

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Very nice...any shots of the rear? Curious to see how it flows to the taillights.

Good point, the taillights mimic the scalloped pattern of the headlight elements and have a light tube running across the top to indicate when the headlights are on. I'll take a pic.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Same color as my 12'TL! Those wheels are beautiful, did you upgrade or are they standard on the tech package? I think V6 still has timing belt.

All V6 models have those wheels standard.

Yes there's still a belt. It is a new subset of J engines, though, where the final MPFI engines were J3(5,7)Z_ the latest group with DI and some other enhancements are J35Y_ (I think J35Y7 in this case).

Great looking car, inside and out. Only thing I'm not sure about is the wonky gear shift (if you can call it that). How do you like that?

Line up 2008 TL, 2012 TL and 2015 TLX in a parking lot and everybody would be saying "what is that ugly duckling doing there right in the middle?" But at least I am glad that Acura finally corrected the "homely" aesthetics of my 12TL to deliver us this nicely proportioned and handsome looking TLX. I suspect this is going to be a popular model for Acura. Unfortunate side effect is that you will be hard pressed to find stellar deals on this car for a while though.

Originally Posted By: glock19
Great looking car, inside and out. Only thing I'm not sure about is the wonky gear shift (if you can call it that). How do you like that?

Oh it's great! A very cool touch! Part of it is the novelty, but gear selectors are electronically actuated more and more so some modern cars that still have levers don't need them (like a placebo) so it may as well be buttons plus the center console area is now very open so you're clear to reach a coffee mug in the cupholders. By the way: P, N, and D are push, reverse is a pull so you don't accidentally engage it.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Originally Posted By: daves87rs

Good point, the taillights mimic the scalloped pattern of the headlight elements and have a light tube running across the top to indicate when the headlights are on. I'll take a pic.

I can take a better pic later but this is at the dealer. You can see the light pipe and the scallops that mimic the headlights are kind of visible below them (they're the brake lights).

E03D7D0E-BD16-4311-A89C-DB429828984C_zpsuyezwpdn.jpg

635C21B7-CB39-4CBC-9C13-C7F03F0CC2CF_zpsb06ine16.jpg

A89CC68B-5D13-467F-8960-3B5DD8C14864_zpsa8yr0nzv.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gofast182
Originally Posted By: glock19

Oh it's great! A very cool touch! Part of it is the novelty, but gear selectors are electronically actuated more and more so some modern cars that still have levers don't need them (like a placebo) so it may as well be buttons plus the center console area is now very open so you're clear to reach a coffee mug in the cupholders. By the way: P, N, and D are push, reverse is a pull so you don't accidentally engage it.

It's very open and aesthetically pleasing. I can imagine it would be great once you get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back