It's go time - ebola epidemic confirmed in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Quote:
The CDC estimates that there could be 1.4 MILLION cases of Ebola in the next 4 months alone. That sounds a bit more impactful to me.

OK, you have my attention. Since you have posted it here without any attribution, may I ask the supporting link from CDC? Are you going to tell me that CDC wants it to be kept as a secret?

A simple google search gave first response as the source. Maybe you could try a search before making such negative response with accusational tone

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/outbreaks/2...obile=nocontent

Here is a direct link to the CDC report, directly from their website, titled "Estimating the Future Number of Cases in the Ebola Epidemic — Liberia and Sierra Leone, 2014–2015".

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/su6303a1.htm?s_cid=su6303a1_w

Here is a copy and paste from that report with the relevant information:

If trends continue without additional interventions, the model estimates that Liberia and Sierra Leone will have approximately 8,000 total Ebola cases (21,000 total cases when corrected for underreporting) by September 30, 2014 (Figure 1). Liberia will account for approximately 6,000 cases (16,000 corrected for underreporting) (Appendix [Figure 1]). Total cases in the two countries combined are doubling approximately every 20 days (Figure 1). Cases in Liberia are doubling every 15–20 days, and those in Sierra Leone are doubling every 30–40 days (Appendix [Figure 1]).

By September 30, 2014, without additional interventions and using the described likelihood of going to an ETU, approximately 670 daily beds in use (1,700 corrected for underreporting) will be needed in Liberia and Sierra Leone (Figure 2). Extrapolating trends to January 20, 2015, without additional interventions or changes in community behavior (e.g., notable reductions in unsafe burial practices), the model also estimates that Liberia and Sierra Leone will have approximately 550,000 Ebola cases (1.4 million when corrected for underreporting) (Appendix [Figure 2]). The uncorrected estimates of cases for Liberia on September 9, 2014, were 2,618, and the actual reported cases were 2,407 (i.e., model overestimated cases by +8.8%). The uncorrected estimates of cases for Sierra Leone on September 13, 2014, were 1,505 and the actual reported cases were 1,620 (i.e., model underestimated cases by -7.6%).

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Originally Posted By: dave1251
it's possible to respect Russia and believe in the God given rights and the Constitution. Russia's not the US's greatest adversary. The adversary is the enemy within which seeks to usurp power and render the constitution irrelevant.

Sorry you have to do better for your conspiracy to have any substance in reality. Russia Today and vague unsubstantial, causation, and accusations need not apply.

The people in charge do not care for the constitution or the principles that this nation was founded on.
Russia is doing what is in Russia's best interest.
If I respect Russia, its because I respect how they have leadership that is better than ours.

so why don't you respect how hard liners in the middle east run things? makes no sense.

Originally Posted By: FXjohn
Originally Posted By: dave1251
it's possible to respect Russia and believe in the God given rights and the Constitution. Russia's not the US's greatest adversary. The adversary is the enemy within which seeks to usurp power and render the constitution irrelevant.

Sorry you have to do better for your conspiracy to have any substance in reality. Russia Today and vague unsubstantial, causation, and accusations need not apply.

The people in charge do not care for the constitution or the principles that this nation was founded on.
Russia is doing what is in Russia's best interest.
If I respect Russia, its because I respect how they have leadership that is better than ours.

so why don't you respect how hard liners in the middle east run things? makes no sense.
The hardliners in the middle east are stirring the chaotic pot only to their own ends, not for the betterment of others. They deserve no respect.

The hardliners in the middle east are stirring the chaotic pot only to their own ends, not for the betterment of others. They deserve no respect.

the same thing Putin does with his jingoism in the Ukraine and Crimea. You're incapable of logical thought

Last edited:

the same thing Putin does with his jingoism in the Ukraine and Crimea. You're incapable of logical thought
Vladimir Putin is liberating Russian Ukraine from the Kiev thug coup regime. He has suffered personally to ensure that the rights of his fellow countrymen are respected. I just wish we had leadership as good as that. Even when this man is the adversary, you have to admire his courage and will.

so it begins.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
Putin has not bettered his country nor his neighbors by causing sanctions to be introduced and resources to be diverted into increasing defensive capabilities in countries that thought they were safer from Russian intervention.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/25/busine...oscow.html?_r=0

Russians are used to economic hardship. Eventually relations will normalize. Ukraine will be fractured and Crimea will remain fully Russian. In his revanchist purpose of land conquest, Putin will be lionized.
Leaders are fondly remembered for acquiring territory for a nation, and despised for ceding it.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
Putin has not bettered his country nor his neighbors by causing sanctions to be introduced and resources to be diverted into increasing defensive capabilities in countries that thought they were safer from Russian intervention.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/25/busine...oscow.html?_r=0

Russians are used to economic hardship. Eventually relations will normalize. Ukraine will be fractured and Crimea will remain fully Russian. In his revanchist purpose of land conquest, Putin will be lionized.
Leaders are fondly remembered for acquiring territory for a nation, and despised for ceding it.
wink.gif

So why isn't it OK for folks in the Mideast to do the same thing?

[/quote]

So why isn't it OK for folks in the Mideast to do the same thing?
Because might makes right.
wink.gif

Once the administration is done using ISIL to achieve its objectives, it will squash that organization like a bug. But it's not time yet. Syria and Iran are still standing.

Vladimir Putin is liberating Russian Ukraine from the Kiev thug coup regime. He has suffered personally to ensure that the rights of his fellow countrymen are respected. I just wish we had leadership as good as that. Even when this man is the adversary, you have to admire his courage and will.

The majority ethnicity of Crimea is the Tatars. Yet under the Putin regime Tatars and their land has been "re-purposed" for the greater good of Russia.

http://en.ria.ru/world/20140319/188544777/Crimean-Tatars-Will-Have-to-Vacate-Land--Official.html

This is very liberating.

The only respect Putin will gain is if he accepts my challenge to a Sambo match. After his humbling he can have the honor of licking my feet and censored. Then again this 5 "5" mental midget would cry foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back