klotz super techniplate feed back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently started using Klotz super technipate at 40:1 in my OPE saws blower whipper etc. i like how it coats the inner parts and the added protection of the caster, but i have read that some say it can carbon up piston crowns and stick rings... to help with this I am adding amsoil quick shot to help prevent this.... after a few tanks I will pull mufflers and take a peak.

for those that have or are running super tech. what have you found? and over all opinion of my choice and mix

thank you in advance
and my first post

When i had dirtbikes i used to love to run the old mobil 2 stroke oil. when that went away i started using silkolene, and then switched to yamalube 2R because of availability locally. The mobil was my favorite, all my top ends lasted very long hours using that oil.

As far as Klotz, before i had water cooled dirt bikes i used it in and old Yamaha blaster i had that was modded. I love the way klotz smelled, it always smelled so sweet. as far as performance it did well in my air cooled blaster. i would do a ring job every 50 hours in that quad and it always looked pretty good. the head was a little more carboned up than it was on my race bikes which used mobil and the others. I would probably not run it in a power exhaust valved dirt bike from my personal experience. It is a good lube, i just have seen cleaner top ends with mobil, silkolene, and yamalube 2R.

For a blower or weed eater, etc. klotz would work well, especially if your getting a good deal on qt's.

Klotz is good stuff, we've ran it in 2 stroke race bikes and kart engines for years with no issues. The karts ran 100% methanol which is a very harsh fuel and klotz was one of the few oils that mixed well with it.

I've been away from 2 strokes for 10 years and just got my 97 RM250 running the other day, went to get some Klotz and almost fell over at the price of a pint at our local bike shop!! I went with YamaLube 2R instead, doesn't smell as nice but protects well and is much cheaper!

Ran Klotz in my snowmobile- ran great, no deposits, no scuffing at the piston. Burned clean enough I wouldn't hesitate to use it in a valved motor. If I have time this winter, I may dust off my "new" sled and run Klotz in it too.

I run Klotz in my 1983 Husky WR250 (since new), chainsaws, weed eaters, and it's very good oil. I use Klotz R50, I think you would be better off using that instead of the Super Techniplate.

thanks for the feed back. has anyone used quick shot or similar product to help keep things clean?

Originally Posted By: mcn1970
thanks for the feed back. has anyone used quick shot or similar product to help keep things clean?

Run Klotz R50 instead of Super Techniplate or any of the FD rated oils and you won't need anything for cleaning, they clean well enough on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back