Rinse less wash your missing out

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't tried any of the new rinse less wash products your missing out. I have almost exclusively moved away from a hose wash, and I don't have water restrictions or anything here at the house. I firmly believe its a superior product. I have ONR both flavors wash and wax and wash and shine. I have used the turtle wax rinse less wash, and the Duragloss rinse less. All of them work exceedingly well. The only time I will still use a hose I my truck gets really dirty like gravel road dust loaded dirty. Otherwise it's a rinse less product. Just my thought's. If you BTOG's haven't stepped out of your comfort zone you should give it a try.

My experience is exactly the same as Rodinator's. My only beef is that it doesn't get the wheels real well. You can clean off the visible parts of course, but a lot of crud collects behind the wheel that you want to get off. I just make a special effort to get at it the times I do wash conventionally.

I like it, and I find I clean the car more thoroughly than with regular wash. I have a huge Turtle Wax stash because of a price mistake on Amazon awhile back. I notice two drawbacks: the 845 wax disappears faster than with a regular wash, and the windows and mirrors seem to get dirtier faster.

10-4 on the wheels. That's the only part that does suck. What I've done is wait till I'm all done and use several old micro fiber towels and clean the wheels.

I'm not familiar with the rinse-less products and haven't researched them. I can't remember seeing any of these products on the shelves where I get my washes and waxes (maybe I just haven't looked hard enough). I'm assuming it's a water-less wash? How does this product keep from scratching the surface? Is this just a time-saver product vs. the usual wash and rinse?

Here on the east coast water just falls out of the sky. Normally every few days. If you happen to remember to bring a soapy sponge with you outside it's the easiest and normally best way to wash your car. Normally no water spotting. If your car is really dirty I do not recommend this method.

Sorry, ain't buying it, superior to hose wash
crackmeup2.gif
31.gif

Originally Posted By: BowNisPar
Sounds like a recipe for damaged/scratched/swirled clear coat.

Not at all. This is rinseless wash we're talking about, not waterless wash. It uses a regular bucket of water to wash the car. Drying is done with a chamois (or leaf blower if really anal). There's enough of the special soap to lubricate the paint so dirt doesn't scratch. Use it with a scratch-free wash sponge/mitt like a grout sponge, and no scratches will occur. I've washed my black Cruze with its soft paint about 8-10 times with rinseless car wash. If it left scratches, I'd know!

Now if it's a really dirty car, I'll rinse the caked-on mud/salt/grime off with a hose, then attack the just-rinsed area with the rinseless wash. Otherwise, washing when the paint is cool is all that's necessary.

Wal-Mart carries it locally. It's like 6 bucks for the Turtle Wax Rinse Less wash and wax. As far as scratching goes why do you think a little water on the paint from a hose would prevent scratching? The dirt is still stuck there and you take a mitt or sponge and smear it around any way. This is no different except you don't spray it down first with water. Put 3 or 4 gallons of water in a bucket with a grit guard in the bottom and go to town. This stuff is very slick, makes the water slicker than any soap. I use a Chemical Guys wash mitt and dry with a waffle weave. I have not experienced any scratches with my paint. It's been said before it's not a replacement for a pressure washer or bucket wash but for normal car washes it's the berries for me. I like the way it makes the black trim look too. I haven't used any trim dressing at all since I've started using the rinse less products.

BTW my brother was a skeptic as well. He lives in Odessa TX. Hard water, hot, leaves water spots no matter how hard you try. He's a believer now. Not only that but put some in a spray bottle 2oz turtle wax rinse less to 32oz distilled water. Makes the best drying aid I have ever used, for when I have to wash with a hose. Even then I put some in the wash bucket usually a ounce.

And I'm not selling anything. Just drinking beer, thinking about how great it is to go to the garage, turn on the TV, and wash my car at night with the lights on and have it turn out amazing. I have probably washed this car 25 times with rinse less wash. One with a flash one with out. I have a galvanized tin ceiling in the garage that's the reflection you see in the hood. There are no out of the ordinary scratches in the paint for a 20k mile daily driver.
IMG_0404_zpsa89690c7.jpg

IMG_0403_zpsbf2ffaab.jpg

Last edited:
I still prefer hose washes during the summer. Rinseless washes are really hard on media. I do love my ONR in the winter, but often run through a touchless first. I plan to try DG once my ONR is gone.

Last edited:
"Media" meaning the wash mitt? If so that is true. I have to run the mitt through the wash with a load every couple times I use it. It's not tearing it up or anything though.

Originally Posted By: rodinator1234
And I'm not selling anything. Just drinking beer, thinking about how great it is to go to the garage, turn on the TV, and wash my car at night with the lights on and have it turn out amazing. I have probably washed this car 25 times with rinse less wash. One with a flash one with out. I have a galvanized tin ceiling in the garage that's the reflection you see in the hood. There are no out of the ordinary scratches in the paint for a 20k mile daily driver.
IMG_0404_zpsa89690c7.jpg

IMG_0403_zpsbf2ffaab.jpg

That's another advantage. Washing your car at night in the garage or in inclement weather. I usually did mine early Sunday evening.

You really need to step into the current century with the products and techniques available. If you are a klutz then it can be a recipe for scratches. With a good product, good towels, and common sense you would have to try to damage the clear. Brave new world out there if you care to become aware of it. The waterless wash I use was the first out there and invented in 1988. I've posted about it here many times and used it since 2004. All have their limitations which is to be expected. Improper wash techniques can cause damage with the best soap and an idiot with a sponge. Things have changed.

I can definitely say that rinseless washes are great. If your car is only lightly dusted and not caked with mud it's perfectly safe to use especially if you're careful like using a soft microfiber mitt and in my opinion slightly more rinseless wash concentrate in the bucket.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3377035/Rinseless_wash_redux

If you really wanna save money you can make it yourself too. Took a lot of experimenting to find off the shelf chemicals that can make a good rinsless wash.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF

You really need to step into the current century with the products and techniques available. If you are a klutz then it can be a recipe for scratches. With a good product, good towels, and common sense you would have to try to damage the clear. Brave new world out there if you care to become aware of it. The waterless wash I use was the first out there and invented in 1988. I've posted about it here many times and used it since 2004. All have their limitations which is to be expected. Improper wash techniques can cause damage with the best soap and an idiot with a sponge. Things have changed.

Remember when you got so upset and defensive about rinse-less car washing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back