Some interesting ford charts and commentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
No 0W-40 listed on the parts link for the 3.2 Liter Diesel Puma.
I will be putting over 100 into service in 2015. Should be interesting....
Some trucks will operate at -40C to +35C during same OCI.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

Was interestingly surprised at the EB engines new specifying 5W30s.

I assume you meant "now specifying?" All the EB engines spec'd 5W30 until recently. I think the 3-cyl turbo in the Fiesta now calls for 5W20.

I typed "new"...assuming that the block of 2015 EB engines under the 5W30 are new, given that we are currently in nearing the end of 2014.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

I assume you meant "now specifying?" All the EB engines spec'd 5W30 until recently. I think the 3-cyl turbo in the Fiesta now calls for 5W20.

2010-early 2011 car-based Ecbooost 3.5's spec 5w20. They have never been back-spec'ed to 5w30. All F150's and the later car engines get 5w30. It is confusing!

Having successfully made it back across the mojave desert in a near new Nissan Maxima, with a quart of MC 5W20 blend in the sump, was looking at the specs this evening, and came across a Ford wall chart for what to use in what.

https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/main/quickref/oilchart.pdf

http://www.fordparts.com/Products/Chemicals-MotorOils.aspx
Is that HDEO 0W30 new? Interesting oil, weird that it's not CJ-4-wonder if it's CP made as are other MC oils?

EB engines like any turbocharged unit require better oils that stand up to more heat with more film strength. only thing good about 20 oils is the 1/4 MPG WOW! what a tradeoff compared to longer engine life!!

Originally Posted By: benjy
EB engines like any turbocharged unit require better oils that stand up to more heat with more film strength. only thing good about 20 oils is the 1/4 MPG WOW! what a tradeoff compared to longer engine life!!

'Longer engine life?'
31.gif
proof? Data? Oh...conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back