Just for fun / Best sounding car you ever owned

Status
Not open for further replies.
1997 Ford Taurus SHO V8. it wasn't that fast but sure sounded good with a cone filter and glass packs.

2007 BMW 130i - 3 litre, nat-asp straight six. This engine sounded good at every speed from idle to red line. Even with a stock exhaust on it could set off car alarms in an enclosed parking lot when it started.

My 2004 Mazda RX-8 also sounded good, in an intriguing kind of way.

2007 Mini Cooper S with a full cool air intake and magnaflow exhaust. Very deep exhaust note, turbo spool, and wonderful blow off swooooshhhhh... what a fun car. Too bad they aren't reliable and cost a ton to maintain out of warranty.

Definitely my 1970 Mercury Cougar XR7. 351 Cleveland 4-barrel with FMX. Gurgle Gurgle Gurgle....

1970%20Mercury%20Cougar%208805.JPG

I liked the exhaust note of the LS1 in my '04 GTO. It was a little on the loud side, but it had a nice tone.

I like the sound of the V12 in the Xj12 sucking all that air through the intakes.

I liked the turbo whine in my '83 T Bird.

I don't care for loud exhaust at all. After market exhaust systems don't have an appealing sound to me, personally.

edit: I also think Pontiac did a good job on the exhaust note on the Torrent GXP. For a V6, it has a nice tone and the right amplitude - not too loud and not too soft.

Last edited:
Any stock 60's big block Mopar with the factory chambered exhaust. 60's corvettes with the factory side pipes...with either the small block or big block engines. The newer Dodge v-8 trucks sound good with they're stock exhaust as well.

I has a cutlass. An 83. Once I killed the stock 305 that it came with(restore with csl finished off the cam lobes) I found a 0 mile 350 target master for real cheap. Came with headers and a high rise intake. 650 double pumper.
I think it had what was called a 3/4 cam.
Driveability was nil til I changed the intake but it was real fast and sounded dead sexy.

Next was every 5.0 mustang I've ever had.
The hemi sounds good too.

But my very favorite is my Harley.

Originally Posted By: Brent_G
Mild 440 through thrush welded mufflers. Music
The Hemi second - more because you feel each cylinder fire not just hear.

yessir, that will pound the ground quite well!!!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Mild 440 through thrush welded mufflers. Music
The Hemi second - more because you feel each cylinder fire not just hear.

yessir, that will pound the ground quite well!!!

Its an amazing sound! I'm sure you know the feeling with your stable
cheers3.gif

Gonna throw a quick video up tonight since I have one.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Here is the Hemi

528 E85 Hemi

20.gif

My phone does no justice. The blower is undersized for that engine but looks and drives better on the street than a 14/71 does. Its a 8/71 with the highest overdrive possible. 1300hp on gas only - 1800 with N2O

As much as I love that car - the camaro in the background is my baby. 3rd best sounding car and sees 8200rpm every weekend on the track on stock crank(Stevesrt8 can vouche). Gotta love a BBC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back