Got new bike, Kawasaki Concours 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to semi retire the old KZ, limit it to short rides around town and such. My old beat up body can't take the long rides on the KZ and the wife is the same. I rode a friends Concours 14 200 miles yesterday and man-O-man what a nice smooth job it did. Difference between the KZ and the Concours...Concours is like a real fast car with top down and the KZ is like a real fast 1949 pickup truck...haha

I pick up the bike on Wednesday.

The California Highway Patrol agrees with your choice. Same with Michigan. Now lots of police departments are starting to switch to the Concours 14.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/moto...4-ar160352.html

Had to look it up,,nice ride..............I'm 68 and got a 96 Harley Sportster in the basement, I still ride, but no more 500 mile excursions for me,lol.

Wow you're more man than I...don't think I could make that ride up the steps and out of the basement, not on a Harley anyway LOL

JK, I'm sure you have a walk out basement ????
wink.gif

After reading about the Concours 14, I am drooling. Enjoy your new bike!

I took the concours out for a ride at our local Kawasaki demo day and thoroughly enjoyed. Enjoyed it so much I rented one in NC on a recent bike trip. I'm very tempted to add it to the stable for when the wife wants to come for a ride.

The rental was a 2008 with 120k miles! It ran perfectly! Needless to say, I was impressed.

Enjoy your new bike.

Nice bike! I had it's brother, the FJR for 4 years. Do you do your own maintenance? The Kaws have a relatively short (relative to Yamaha) valve adjustment interval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back