Amsoil Saber 2-cycle oil and gas preservative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Amsoil, Saber 2-cycle oil has gas preservative in it. If I mix up a couple of gallons of fresh gasoline with Saber used at a 50:1 ratio, how long can the gas/oil mix be safely used in my equipment?

Stabil claims it preserves gas for up to one year - I am hoping the Saber/gas mix will stay useful for perhaps 6 months. Is this reasonable? I don't want to gum up the carburetors in my equipment.

Why mix a couple of gallons and not just a gallon at a time to shorten shelf life.

I mix the old Saber product 85:1 in a quart bottle and use it up in a month to keep fresh fuel in my string trimmer. The other additive is PI-SE that goes in my fuel can all summer long to prevent the ethanol problems of phase separation... My experience is that fuel can give you problems after 6-months using the Amsoil products; my snow-blower gets all gunked up in late summer if it is not run a few minutes and refueled.

Ive used the Amsoil Saber at 100-1 for over 30 years, before it was even called Saber. With today's 87 octane 10% ethanol gas in my cars and mowers, I use the same gas with my Saber for John Deere leaf blower, string trimmer and chain saw. Every one of them when Im done in the fall, I hang them up , with fuel in them. Come spring, everyone of them start up with 3 or 4 pulls. Ive never had any of them apart for any maintainence at all. They run full throttle when Im using them and idle down smoothly. I mix one gallon at a time but still each of them have fuel over the winter 5 months and have never gummed up. So what the OP heard is true, Saber acts like its own preservative.

The Saber with the Quickshot in it ids designed to protect for a season., not long-term storage. I'd suggest you mix no more than what you will use within a couple of months, though I'm sure it will last longer. You'll probably get better performance if you mix it at 85-100 to 1, as recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back