Now think about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses.................................

A series of what one source called "catastrophic" security failures apparently allowed the intruder to get deep into the White House.

The Secret Service did not follow basic protocols during the incident to protect the White House, the president and the first family and the agency still does not know why, a source intimately familiar with details of the investigation told Fox News.

For example, the Secret Service didn't lock down certain areas of the property and did not elevate the threat level at the White House so that other uniformed officers and agents would know what was happening, which is a standard response.

“This was a catastrophic failure when the President was not there. What if the president was there?” the source, a longtime Secret Service insider, added. "It turns out that basic functions in place to avoid this were never initiated."

Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, who chairs a House subcommittee on national security oversight, also told CNN that whistleblowers had informed his panel of the breach.

Additionally, an alarm box near the front entrance of the White House that is designed to alert guards to an intruder had been muted at what officers believed was a request of the usher's office, an official told The Washington Post.

An officer posted inside the front door also appeared to be delayed in learning that Gonzalez was about to burst through, according to the Post. Officers are trained to immediately lock the front door once an intruder is spotted on the grounds.

****** If you did your job at work like this-- bet they would have fired your happy bottom...

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
****** If you did your job at work like this-- bet they would have fired your happy bottom...

In the current administration, screwing up like that can either get you either a promotion or early retirement with full benefits.

Originally Posted By: Danno
Just another in a long list of current admin failures, boils down to one reason as always..it's Bush's fault! /s

If anything it paints a bigger picture. Is someone intentionally trying to put him(pres) in harms way?

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
If anything it paints a bigger picture. Is someone intentionally trying to put him(pres) in harms way?

The President wasn't even in the White House at the time, nor was his family to my understanding. I have to believe that the Secret Service knew his schedule, so they knew he wasn't home. It seems to me that they had nothing to gain by letting someone penetrate deeper than they should have. Then they lied about it to cover up the mistake. I think it's simply a fact of sleeping on the job, literally or figuratively.

I wouldn't be surprised if the current administration made the available agent jobs politically dependent. And the results speak for themselves.

This had to be a planned response. Now increased security will be implemented again, and no one will complain about the increased manpower and expense. The security measures already in place far exceed anything ever before seen for a President and his family. This president is terrified at the prospect of facing the public without complete control of the situation. The prospect of speaking off the teleprompter to being asked an unplanned/unscripted question is beyond his comfort zone. He does not discuss, he preaches. The public would be shocked if the media really covered what now is the current state of presidential security.

If you've ever worked with the Fed's you are well aware this is all an impossibility. Fed's have never made a mistake!! And if you ever think they have, they are never held accountable. Ruby Ridge is one of the best examples. If it wasn't a FBI sniper and any other LE sniper -- they would be in jail.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
The Pres and first wife treat the Secret Service like khrap. Morale is nonexistent..

Really? I'm no fan of the current administration, but from what I've heard, the worst that the Presidential Detail has to say about them is that they're kind of stand-offish.

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
The Pres and first wife treat the Secret Service like khrap. Morale is nonexistent..

Really? I'm no fan of the current administration, but from what I've heard, the worst that the Presidential Detail has to say about them is that they're kind of stand-offish.

From wapo just recently, one of many articles.

Quote:
One independent look at the Secret Service found employee attitudes to be in a nose dive long before the recent fence-jumper.

The “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government” report by the Partnership for Public Service depicts an agency that seems to have lost its way. The agency’s index score dropped 13 points over three years, from 65.8 in 2011 to 52.8 last year. The score is a measure of employee satisfaction and commitment. The Best Places data is drawn from the Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey, which is administered by the Office of Personnel Management.

Source: How good, or bad, is Secret Service morale?

Yikes...

Though from what I heard this morning, I have to wonder whether that's largely a product of the SS being under the direction of Homeland Security rather than Treasury, now.

Somewhere I have a book, written by one or more former Presidential Detail agents. Some of their stories will make your hair curl. Like how LBJ was given to whip it out and answer nature's call whenever the mood struck him.

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
Some of their stories will make your hair curl. Like how LBJ was given to whip it out and answer nature's call whenever the mood struck him.
Haha, I love it. LBJ was a [censored] among scumbags. A real bonafide [censored].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back